Whew! I'm glad I found the discussions!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Whew! I'm glad I found the discussions!

Postby frozenveg » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:13 am

I love the new look of the website, but I panicked for a minute that the discussion groups might have disappeared! Glad we're still here!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Re: Whew! I'm glad I found the discussions!

Postby f1jim » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:25 am

It's looking like a cleaning up of the UI. So far it looks nice.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby QubitBob » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:33 pm

I love the new look of the website, but I panicked for a minute that the discussion groups might have disappeared! Glad we're still here!

Yeah, me too. It took a little investigation to realize one has to scroll down on the main Web site to find the link to the forums. I know they are trying for a "clean", minimalist look, but I wish they would put the link to the forums at the top.
QubitBob

Postby landog » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Me, too! Slight panic until I appended /forums to the URL

Now I see that you can go directly to the forums at: https://drmcdougallforums.com/!

I do dread the day that this goes away. This being the motherlode of knowledge!
landog

Postby landog » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:58 pm

Also, I see that when I click on a user and try to view their posts...

..I get an error.
landog

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:20 am

Just noticed there's no link to the main website on these forum pages, too.

I had no trouble finding the forums - the link in my toolbar is set to come straight to the board index page. Now I have to go type in the url for the main site and go see what you're all talking about.

BTW, I hope all the links to forum discussions are the same. Years of links posted by Jeff and saved in my Cardfile will be useless if they changed it all. :(

Edited to add:
As soon as my message posted I was logged out and had to log back in.

And to respond to my own frowny face - the links ARE changed. Notice the forum itself is now https://drmcdougallforums.com/ instead of https://drmcdougall.com//forums I guess things work *now* because they're automatically being forwarded to the new URL, but how long is that going to work?

Edited again to add that this time I wasn't logged out. I guess the new kinks are going to be tempermental.
VeggieSue

Postby viv » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm

Seems like Dr. McDougall and Co are moving in a different direction with focus on the virtual program, and quite rightly so in my estimation.
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby KillSwitch » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:18 pm

viv wrote:Seems like Dr. McDougall and Co are moving in a different direction with focus on the virtual program, and quite rightly so in my estimation.

LOL, COVID really wrecked everything.
KillSwitch

Postby Quinda » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Me too, found myself logged out and knew my login name but my password anymore so set up new account with new login id and new password then was asked questions like McDougall likes this and does not like this and i had to move does not like milk, meat, eggs to other side under right column. Then ended up with my long time log in name. All's well that ends well.
Quinda

Postby VeggieSue » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:07 am

Quinda wrote:. . . new password then was asked questions like McDougall likes this and does not like this and i had to move does not like milk, meat, eggs to other side under right column.

Sounds like a system set up to deter spammers and 'bots, but asking questions like that will also keep out newcomers and people who are trying to get info on the McDougall Program.
VeggieSue

Postby Mom+Me » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:38 pm

frozenveg wrote:I love the new look of the website, but I panicked for a minute that the discussion groups might have disappeared! Glad we're still here!

I panicked, too!!!!! :shock: I thought, "Oh no, all good things must come to and end?????" I thank God that this very, very, very good thing has not come to an end...and hope it never will. :crybaby:
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Return to The Lounge