New web site

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Search doesn't work

Postby vegman » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:02 pm

With the new website, if I try a search on the forums for DHA or omega, I get zero results.

Good search capability is very important here to find information.
vegman

Re: Search doesn't work

Postby KillSwitch » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:01 pm

I am discovering this also. You can find some things using the search box on the new Homepage but not everything.

Google rules I agree!
KillSwitch

Re: New web site

Postby KillSwitch » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Another new website question for those in the know. Are things still being worked on or is this it, get use to the new forum and website folks. Many things are still missing. Perhaps, Dr. McDougall instructed the webmaster to do away with them, IDK. Other things simply do not work.

LOL, I hope Dr. McD did not pay the webmaster / web developer in advance. Work stills needs to be done IMHO. :D
KillSwitch

Postby JeffN » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:17 pm

KillSwitch wrote:Another new website question for those in the know. Are things still being worked on or is this it, get use to the new forum and website folks. Many things are still missing. Perhaps, Dr. McDougall instructed the webmaster to do away with them, IDK. Other things simply do not work.

LOL, I hope Dr. McD did not pay the webmaster / web developer in advance. Work stills needs to be done IMHO. :D

Just list your concerns.
JeffN

Postby Ron4310 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:38 pm

JeffN wrote:
KillSwitch wrote:Another new website question for those in the know. Are things still being worked on or is this it, get use to the new forum and website folks. Many things are still missing. Perhaps, Dr. McDougall instructed the webmaster to do away with them, IDK. Other things simply do not work.

Just list your concerns.

This is what I get when I try to view my posts.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'phpbb_061021.p.post_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [1055]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]
Ron4310

Postby KillSwitch » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:26 pm

Ditto Ron. I discovered that too a few days ago. The notify me of replies is missing. All old PMs did not migrate and are probably lost forever. You can't go to the last post in a thread right away. That shortcut has disappeared. I wish I had taken some screenshots of the old bf the upgrade.

My question is why not just redo the website and leave the forum as it was. The new forum looks similar as the old but is only half as good (so far IMO again).
KillSwitch

Postby OOnaOwl » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:50 pm

New website looks GORGEOUS! Haven't explored various functions yet but did manage to finally find the forums after searching at the bottom of page.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAKnwyn/]

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight" -Japanese proverb
OOnaOwl

Postby frowsyowl » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 am

When I access the forums from my phone, it shows as a dangerous website. I have to override to access.

I have not tried from my home computer, but at work, forum page is blocked for being an unmanaged page, or similar.
frowsyowl

Postby PJK » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:04 am

Would be great if the forum discussions could be arranged by DATE.

Right now, it can be very difficult to find the latest posts and threads. The first thread on a list might be from years ago.

I know this is a longstanding issue. But I was hoping it would get fixed with this latest website redo.

Any chance this could still happen?
PJK

Postby JeffN » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 am

PJK wrote:Would be great if the forum discussions could be arranged by DATE.

Right now, it can be very difficult to find the latest posts and threads. The first thread on a list might be from years ago.

I know this is a longstanding issue. But I was hoping it would get fixed with this latest website redo.

Any chance this could still happen?

Right now, when you enter a specific forum, they are all arranged by “date of latest response.” So, the thread in that forum that has the most recent response is at the top. The only exception to this is we often mark certain posts “announcements” or “stickies” and when we do that, they will show up on top first, all the time, before the latest response. Announcements have their own section on the very top and then stickies are right below them.

If you are looking at it from the Board Index, you can click on “view new posts” and it will show you the latest posts regardless of which forum it was posted in.

If that is not happening for you, then when you enter a forum, look down at the bottom of the forum, below the last thread. You will see where you can set the forum settings yourself in the way you want.

It will say….”display topics from previous“ then a box for you to choose how far back. Then it says, “sort by” and a box for your o pick how you want the threads sorted, and then another box for you to pick “ascending” or “descending”. Then you click “go” and it will be set till you reset it.

It looks like this..

Jeff
JeffN

Postby vegman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 pm

Ron4310 wrote:
This is what I get when I try to view my posts.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'phpbb_061021.p.post_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [1055]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]

sql_mode=only_full_group_by may be a default setting in the new environment that needs to be changed.

Generally, I would suggest that whoever works on this test as many user functions as possible, to flush out issues.
vegman

Postby JOJO1947 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:25 pm

I searched for Webinars Mary's Mini but it does not pop up. Why are all the Webinars not included? Thanks. JoAnn
JOJO1947

Postby JeffN » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:15 pm

The webinars are mixed in with the lectures. When i searched for “webinar” (no s) and “mini” or “mary’s mini” it came right up

Jeff
JeffN

Postby OOnaOwl » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:42 am

Sign in issues:
I have to sign in twice to be accepted with the new website.
This has happened the past few days every time I sign in.
The first sign in seems to be approved but then it reverts back to the sign in page.
The second sign in "sticks" and I am inside the forum.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAKnwyn/]

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight" -Japanese proverb
OOnaOwl

Postby JeffN » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:23 pm

OOnaOwl wrote:Sign in issues:
I have to sign in twice to be accepted with the new website.
This has happened the past few days every time I sign in.
The first sign in seems to be approved but then it reverts back to the sign in page.
The second sign in "sticks" and I am inside the forum.

Make sure you click the button that says "keep me signed in"

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge