Wal-Mart low on potatoes

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Wal-Mart low on potatoes

Postby toad » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Last two times, I've been to walk-mart, they are out of potatoes, is there a potato shortage? I was able to find one 5 lb bag last time. Will go there again this evening and see if they have more.Maybe I'll try a different store too, but it's my staple basically.

I'm on the East Coast in the desert.

Anyone else notice this?
toad

Re: Wal-Mart low on potatoes

Postby toad » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:06 pm

sorry West Coast, CA.
toad

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:48 am

I'm in urban NJ and haven't been in WalMart in months, but all our grocery stores and Target have had the usual supply of potatoes on display.
VeggieSue

Postby Mayapples » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:46 am

My local Walmart seems to be coming up short on the most random things these days, to the point that I think it may have more to do with their internal distribution network than external supply. It may be an effect of the driver shortage.
Mayapples

Postby Vegankit » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:29 am

I’m seeing random empty food shelves in many stores including Costco, Walmart, Whole Foods and local grocery stores. Unpleasant to see and I’ve had to pivot meal plans to what was available.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby kimba » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Try the farmers market. I bought 25 pounds of potatoes for six bucks. Waiting on the purple ones to be done in a few weeks so I can buy some of those. I smiled all the way home with my spuds. :)
kimba

Postby MINNIE » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:37 pm

It may be partly dependent on where your potatoes are sourced. Western farmers are having a bad year due to drought and wildfires, etc. If they are coming from Idaho, there may be fewer available and lower quality.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local ... b5f44969db
MINNIE

Return to The Lounge