Selma Blair has Multiple Sclerosis

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Selma Blair has Multiple Sclerosis

Postby Atheria » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... se-n922841
Another celebrity has been diagnosed with MS. I'm going to try to contact her about eating low fat vegan.

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Re: Selma Blair has Multiple Sclerosis

Postby patty » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Hopefully Selma Blair connects with Dr. McDougall. His online MS video, is one i refer too in memory all the time. He shares how the oil goes directly to the cell, wraps the cell, the cell loses it's ability to repel other cells, creating a sludge in the vessel, breaking the brain barrier. In washing dishes that have had some oil, the oil always sticks to the sides of the sink. I imagine with MS, when the cells begin attacking each other, eliminating oil has to be #1. Wishing her the best.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby QubitBob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Another celebrity has been diagnosed with MS. I'm going to try to contact her about eating low fat vegan.

Atheria:

I encourage you to do this.

Nothing has convinced me about the power of a WFPB diet to allow the human body to heal itself quite like the video at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjEaLWh5vjk . This is an interview with Dr. Saray Stancic (pronounced "sir-eye stan-sick"). Dr. Stancic is a physician who developed MS during the third year of her medical residency. Not knowing any better, she followed conventional medical treatment for MS for eight years and saw her health spiral downward. She was starting to experience severe disability from her disease when a chance encounter with, in her words, a poor quality research paper introduced the idea that maybe diet could have an effect on MS. This prompted her to begin an intense personal research project to see what research exists examining the relationship between diet and MS. Eventually she came across the research conducted by Dr. Roy Swank--one of Dr. McDougall's mentors--which convinced her to try a low-fat WFPB diet as her primary treatment. Against the advice of all of her doctors she quit the medicine she was taking and pursued diet and lifestyle change as her primary MS treatment. This allowed the "miracle" to happen, her body healed, and seven years later she was able to complete a marathon. Imagine that--she went from having to use a cane to help her walk to being able to run a marathon! That's the power of a WFPB WOE and other healthy lifestyle changes.
QubitBob

Postby Atheria » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 am

More and more celebs are getting MS...of course, they are just humans, and MS is increasing EVERYWHERE. It seems like every other day I'm hearing a friend's relative or friend just got diagnosed.

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
Atheria

Postby Atheria » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:30 am

I sent this website and the YouTube video to Selma via Instagram. Hopefully, she'll see it...

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
Atheria

Postby patty » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Atheria wrote:I sent this website and the YouTube video to Selma via Instagram. Hopefully, she'll see it...

Atheria

If I remember correctly the doctor was also in a movie can't remember the title, Dr. McDougall is in it. After the movie they did a questions and answers and she talked about her healing.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby QubitBob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:45 pm

If I remember correctly the doctor was also in a movie can't remember the title, Dr. McDougall is in it. After the movie they did a questions and answers and she talked about her healing.

The documentary is titled Code Blue. Here is a link to the movie's Web site: http://www.codebluedoc.com . In the original interview on YouTube, Dr. Stancic told Dr. Laurie Marbas that the premiere of the movie is scheduled for this month (October 2018). I do not know if it is on schedule. The Web site states that the movie is scheduled for general release in 2019.
QubitBob

Postby QubitBob » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:57 am

Yesterday's New York Times had a lengthy profile piece about Selma Blair and her battle with M.S. I read it carefully to see if there was any mention of her changing her diet, but saw nothing. She underwent stem cell treatment and states she is now in remission.
QubitBob

Postby Atheria » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:01 am

QubitBob wrote:Yesterday's New York Times had a lengthy profile piece about Selma Blair and her battle with M.S. I read it carefully to see if there was any mention of her changing her diet, but saw nothing. She underwent stem cell treatment and states she is now in remission.

Yeah, she was on Good Morning America last week talking about the stem cell treatments. I certainly hope they help her, but she struggles even to talk now. :-( She strikes me as the type who would be open to dietary and holistic intervention, but...not sure if she made any changes.

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
Atheria

Postby QubitBob » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:23 pm

More and more celebs are getting MS...of course, they are just humans, and MS is increasing EVERYWHERE. It seems like every other day I'm hearing a friend's relative or friend just got diagnosed.

I saw the headline today that CNN anchor John King revealed that he also is battling M.S. (see https://tinyurl.com/s4pm5a42 ).
QubitBob

Return to The Lounge