Subscribing to a topic?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Subscribing to a topic?

Postby Trinity » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:01 pm

Is it still possible to “subscribe topic” so that you get an email every time someone posts a reply to it?
Trinity

Re: Subscribing to a topic?

Postby lucidguppy » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 pm

How do I subscribe to specific forums or topics?
To subscribe to a specific forum, click the “Subscribe forum” link upon entering the forum. To subscribe to a topic, reply to the topic with the subscribe checkbox checked or click the “Subscribe topic” link within the topic itself.

That's in the faq - but I don't see the checkmark when I reply.
lucidguppy

Postby Trinity » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:41 pm

Hey lucidguppy! Thanks for replying. I did actually see that on the FAQs before posting. But I think the FAQs were pasted from the old site, because like you said “Subscribe Topic” is no longer down there next to “Bookmark Topic.” I used to subscribe to topics all the time so I’m not sure what to do now, oh well. I did “bookmark” a topic recently but then couldn’t figure out where my bookmarks were. I do only use my iPhone, as opposed to a laptop, so maybe that’s part of the problem? My husband borrowed my laptop for work but as soon as he gives it back I’ll test this theory.
Trinity

Postby QubitBob » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:43 am

...or click the “Subscribe topic” link within the topic itself.

I access this forum from a desktop computer. I do not see any link within the topics labeled "Subscribe topic".
QubitBob

Postby Trinity » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:57 pm

Thanks for checking that for me, QubitBob! Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, but no big deal because I can just go to “View your posts” instead.
Trinity

Return to The Lounge