Stents

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

plavix

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:00 pm

they never put me on that so I guess I am lucky, i was on a baby aspirin a day and can't take that. Had bad bleeding problems with it. So now I am on my own with the blood thinners, I take coQ10 for my statins, cholesterol this morning went back to 167 from 187 but then it is home test...still working on that.

On etl i was 132 but i couldn't do it too long and i looked terrible.....i missed my brown rice and potatoes! I did throw out alot of stuff today in the pantry which was Ed's but I wasn't eating it anyway and he is in Florida for a week! he won't miss it! :D
ncyg46

Postby cyd » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:21 am

deleted
Last edited by cyd on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyd

Plavix

Postby grangran7 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:22 am

My husband was put on Plavix at the time the stents were put in but only for a month then a full adult aspirin each day which he's still taking.
grangran7

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Incredible! Thanks for sharing your first-hand testimony. I have not suggested the McDougall diet to him because he has the DES. My blood became thin (normal) after going on the McDougall diet. I have no doubt it has opened up my blood vessels and reversed my heart disease as my chest pains disappeared years ago and I continue to gain stamina in my regular work-outs. What I was concerned about was a 'double-dose' effect from both diet and the drug-eluting stents - over thinning of the blood. On the other hand, from what I have read on-line, there are many other potential negative side-effects from the long-term use of clopidogrel, so adopting the McDougall diet is likely the better alternative. It continues to amaze me that conventional medicine continues to ignore diet as an alternative to stents and bypass surgery. I read an article that said 6 million Americans have been treated with stents - that's 2% of the US population!
Rob

arizona republic today

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:03 pm

i wish I still had the paper but I share it...they must have the article there but this guy went to some foreign country to get his operation done because of the expense...I will look it up if I can find it. It gave the rates all over the world...!!!!

article....
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... m0607.html
price costs.....
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 7cost.html

i wouldn't do it but a guess people are with the savings......
ncyg46

Postby cyd » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:45 am

deleted
Last edited by cyd on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyd

Postby bob2200 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 am

A friend of mine, a medical doctor (MD), was suckered into having drug eluting stents put into him. It was totally unecessary and ruined his health. He couldn't believe that the cariologists were so dishonest.

Anyway, he also has been told that it now looks like Plavix for life. This is an additional problem for him, since it precludes a needed hernia operation. I think Dr. McDougall has written that 1% of stent patients die during the operation, another 3% have immediate complications, and even more have later complications (I am probably off with the numbers). My friend is in the immediate complications category.

I have given him the books, but he doesn't have a supportive family and is still too tied to the local medical establishment.
bob2200

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for all of your feedback on these drug eluting stents. These expereiences have a familiar ring to them - attempting to fix one problem and in the process creating two more. Best not to have the problem in the first place.
Rob

Previous

Return to The Lounge