TEST (nt)

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

TEST (nt)

Postby Clary » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:25 pm

Testing.
Clary

TEST. --setting my "time" of posts. (nt)

Postby Clary » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am

nt
Clary

Postby Donna R » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi Clary,

your test post was sent Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:24 am--I am assuming that is what my time was. but just now I changed my time zone to reflect the change to standard time and now it says your post was at 11:24! somehow an extra hour crept in there.

okay, it's now 10:28 Central Standard Time so when you read this it should say it was sent at 11:28 pm which it will be your time, EST. right?

except it's 11:30 for you now--

are we confused yet? lol!
~ Donna
Donna R

Postby Donna R » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:34 pm

but now I read another post in which you said you're in Central time. all the more confusing. next time you post, say what time it is for you then I can see if it's the same as shows up for me. just trying to figure if a person posts from another time zone if it shows up at my time.

now I'd better get to bed as with the time change our body clocks are an hour later than the clock's clock!

10:33 CST
~ Donna
Donna R

Hmmm. I didn't realize we saw different times...

Postby Clary » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:04 am

Donna R wrote:Hi Clary,
okay, it's now 10:28 Central Standard Time so when you read this it should say it was sent at 11:28 pm which it will be your time, EST. right?

except it's 11:30 for you now--

are we confused yet? lol!

Ha ha! :eek: :shock: :eek:
Actually the time I see on my screen for your post is: "Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:30 pm "

So, no matter what time anyone posts, the time on the post is converted to the reader's time, rather than the poster's time??? Do people in different time zones read the posting time as a conversion to their local time? That may be the purpose of selecting the GMT setting???
Clary

test no text

Postby Sierra » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:59 am

no text
Sierra

testing this time zone thing

Postby Donna R » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:20 am

the time that shows up on my posts has changed since last night! maybe it's a system thing, getting set up with standard time. anyway here I sit in Kansas smack-dab in the middle of everything (which is also the middle of nothing). it's 9:20 a.m. on Oct. 30.

Clary, my time is your time so if this doesn't show up as 9:20 then...............

well, lol! is all I can say.
~ Donna
Donna R

Re: testing this time zone thing

Postby Clary » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:01 am

Donna R wrote:Clary, my time is your time so if this doesn't show up as 9:20 then...............
well, lol! is all I can say.

On my computer the time of your 9:20 post shows up not as 9:20, but as 7:20, like this:

POSTED Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:20 am

When you re-read that same 9:20 post now on the board, after it is printed, what is the posting time listed that you see?

I am posting this one at about 11:00 a.m., Central Time.
Clary

Postby Donna R » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:01 pm

BIG LOL! our posts are showing up as two hours earlier, which would be PST as in California. (yesterday when I checked a post, it was for my time.) that's okay, though, if I know what the time zone is used for the posts then I can adjust. not that it matters but sometimes want to see how long ago a person posted their question.

well, this was a fun thread for having nt in the subject!
~ Donna
Donna R

times

Postby AnnaS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 pm

If you are logged in, all the times shown will be relative to the time you have set in your profile. If you are reading the posts without logging in, all of the times will appear relative to California time (GMT minus 8 ).

In my profile I have set my time as Central time. When I read your messages, each of the posting times correspond with the time you noted in your message.
on the McD program since 2002: age=65, BMI=18, b/p=110/70, tc=126, McD=100%.
diagnosed with lyme disease March 2010

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AnnaS

Postby Donna R » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:55 pm

Anna, you are right! thanks! that answers the puzzling changing times.

Clary, what you have to do is log in first, then start reading posts.

now what are we going to find to wonder about?
~ Donna
Donna R

All-Righty! Thanks Donna and Anna. Next questions...

Postby Clary » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:42 pm

How many times do you have to log in before it "takes." (2-3 for me.) Is there some stage of the board where the logging in process works the first time? When you check the "remember me" box, does the board remember you the next time you come back, or do you have to log back in each time you visit here? --or is it perhaps a 24 hr. sign-in (or some other time set) before dropping the user? Have you noticed?
Clary

Logging in

Postby The traveler » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:05 am

I am glad to know that I am NOT the only one where logging in takes more than one time. I have found that if I go to "view inbox" and log in from there it works the first time.

Don't know why.
Life is a journey take time to enjoy it. Don't forget to smell the flowers and watch the sunrise.
The traveler

The traveler

Postby Clary » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:38 pm

THANK YOU! It works. The First TIME, Every time!

The traveler wrote: I have found that if I go to "view inbox" and log in from there it works the first time.

Don't know why.
Clary

Return to The Lounge