Met with my doctor and...

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Met with my doctor and...

Postby shell1226 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:14 am

stoumi wrote:I guess the steps for me will be to continue this WOE, while adding the exercise and doing my daily walking. In 3 months I will have a blood test to see the result of the Vitamin D supplement. The more I read the more I am a bit skeptical. I then look forward to the end of July when I schedule my physical and see where my blood numbers and body are after about 10 months of this WOE and 8 months working out daily. I see only improvement in my future...and possibly a new physician.

Stoumi, I'm actually doing the same thing. I usually take a couple of meds and a lot of supplements. Since 1/1/12, I've stopped all. I will have my regular bloodwork done beginning of April and have a new baseline. Everything I have prior is with meds and supps, so I don't have a true picture anymore. I usually do my bloodwork about 3 x a year.
Rachelle

shell1226

Postby stoumi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Maybe I am reading too much into his response and comments after discussing blood work with him yesterday. If I feel good and I see improvements in my health, thanks in part to diet and exercise why would I change? All my doctor has seen are the "short term" changes, while I am already looking long term. Based on our discussion, he doesn't believe I can sustain this WOE or this way of life. I guess there is only one person who can control that aspect. ME.

Now that I am spreading my wings, so to speak and learning more about health, the human body and it's make up, along with nutrition, I won't sit by idle and take the doctor's word as the final word. I now know differently and have proof that what I have been doing does work and I have seen and experienced the results.
stoumi

Postby nicoles » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:01 pm

stoumi wrote:Now that I am spreading my wings, so to speak and learning more about health, the human body and it's make up, along with nutrition, I won't sit by idle and take the doctor's word as the final word. I now know differently and have proof that what I have been doing does work and I have seen and experienced the results.

That's wonderful - and isn't is so very empowering to realize your health is truly in your hands?
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Previous

Return to The Lounge