Dull headache all day today....

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Dull headache all day today....

Postby Kate » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:44 am

at first I thought "maybe I didn't have enough coffee" but I definately had enough. So now I am wondering if going off of sugar can cause headaches? I think today is my third day without sugar. I also took a handful of vitamins, but I dont think it could be from them. Is this a normal occurence for those just starting the program? Oh, I am doing MWL and have stuck to the guidelines for two days now. Boy, was it a challenge to not eat the bread!!! :)
Kate

Re: Dull headache all day today....

Postby Sandie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:01 am

Kate wrote:Oh, I am doing MWL and have stuck to the guidelines for two days now.

Two things come to mind ~ are you eating enough calories and are you drinking enough water?

Both of these things can and do produce headaches in some people. I am one of them. If I don't eat enough (sometimes I 'forget' to eat due to a busy schedule), or if I get a little dehydrated (it doesn't take much) I'll get a headache. It's my body's way of saying "you didn't listen to my other signals (hunger pangs and/or thirst) so now I'm speaking in a louder voice!"

MWL is great but be sure to take in enough calories for your body's needs. And don't forget to keep well hydrated. :-D
Have a great day!!
Sandie

http://www.geocities.com/sandieb101/Menu2.html

~ Although I need to lose more, I'm taking baby steps with small goals! ~
Sandie

Postby Donna R » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:10 am

your body going through detox from getting good food and not junk can cause a headache. as Sandie said, drink more water.

things will get better!
~ Donna
Donna R

Return to The Lounge