Puzzled by study results for diabetes

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Puzzled by study results for diabetes

Postby dteresa » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Except for maybe Genghis Khan. In one video dr. McD says the invading mongols could not have eaten animal food on the long distances they traveled while conquering a good part of the world. They must have eaten plant food. Apparently they could have as you will see if you read the link below. As a matter of fact I read elsewhere that the nomadic mongols were appalled by farmers and gardeners and plant food. They destroyed gardens and croplands in their paths (until someone suggested they could be a source of income if they allowed the conquered people to plant crops.)

Although they could go faster, they traveled about 14 miles per day and brought along three or four extra horses to carry their supply of milk and each of whose milk they ate in the form of a fermented product which they carried with them. Also if necessary on the blood or meat of their animals. The horses they rode were especially sturdy animals which survived only on grass and needed no fodder.

So it is likely that traveling with all those horses and with the source of their sustenance always with them and available, they were able to conquer so much territory. All without plant food--except for the grass for their horses.

http://greathistory.com/how-and-what-ge ... an-ate.htm

didi
dteresa

Postby Birdy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Funny story Geoffrey. It made me laugh.
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Postby colonyofcells » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Thanks to the starch diet, I hope I never get diabetes so I won't need to join the american diabetes association and their high fat heaven forums. So far, i have been able to avoid daily blood sugar testing even though this was the first advice (eat by the blood sugar meter method) I got from those studious advisers and micro managers from the ADA forums.
colonyofcells

Previous

Return to The Lounge