Remebering Sactobob

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Remebering Sactobob

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Oh wow as a long timer here, who has been off for probably two years or more, and just coming back, I am heartbroken to hear this. I loved he gave advice, I admired his progress. He gave himself another life by following this woe.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Anna Green » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:49 pm

So sorry about Bob. Was such a good guy and helped a lot of people.
Anna Green

Postby kirstykay » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:50 am

This is very sad news. I remember him well from the old days when I was just getting started. He was a straight shooter, that's for sure, and gave good, sound advice for those of us who needed it. He was kind and encouraging, and he will be missed. My prayers go out to his wife and family. So sorry to hear of his passing.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Melinda » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:07 am

Sorry to hear of his passing.
Melinda

Postby f1jim » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Just heard from his wife and after this covid-19 passes we will get together and share Bobs life. I should learn more about his issues then.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Mom+Me » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:19 pm

f1jim wrote:Just heard from his wife and after this covid-19 passes we will get together and share Bobs life. I should learn more about his issues then.
f1jim

It will be nice for you to get together with his wife and to be able to celebrate his life. Thank you, in advance, for anything you may be able to share about his passing.
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby Debbie » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:16 pm

f1jim wrote:Just heard from his wife and after this covid-19 passes we will get together and share Bobs life. I should learn more about his issues then.
f1jim

Hi. Its been a little over two years, were you ever able to connect and find out what happened? I find myself often thinking about Bob and all the "stuff" that went on. Covid hit us all hard. Anyway, I hope this message finds you all well.

Debbie
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby f1jim » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:39 pm

Well, covid lasted a lot longer than anybody dreamed so the event never happened. I still miss my brother, Sactobob and wish he were here to argue with me.His wife and son march on proudly.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby pattinput » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:29 pm

So very sorry to hear this. I learned so much from Bob and his wife when I was new here.
pattinput

Previous

Return to The Lounge