Have you had the vaccine?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Have you had the vaccine?

Postby healthy_mermaid » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:34 pm

I have not had the shot (they are not vaccines), and I don't intend to ever get the shot. For a virus that is essentially the flu, rebranded? This has been the most criminal psyop--and the majority of you fell for it, against all reason and common sense...

It's as if all of you simply turned off your critical thinking and allowed yourselves to be brainwashed by the CDC and our government officials. It's as if you believe everything you've been told and all of your information is coming from mainstream media.

I'm extremely shocked that you otherwise intelligent folks have so blithely consented to be a human experiment. I was expecting the complete opposite from this crowd. Well, honestly, I'm not THAT shocked. The relentless public health campaign of fear and lies has been very successful.
healthy_mermaid

Postby pundit999 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:56 am

Not quite healthy_mermaid.
The new Delta variant has claimed the following lives close to me:
- 2 Cousins (of ages around 60)
- 2 class mates (Ages around 55)
- Scores of relatives (brothers, sisters, parents) of several people I am close to.

Please take this seriously. The new variant is not the same as the old one.
pundit999

Postby vegman » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:59 pm

vegman wrote:
openmind wrote:Just curious what everyone thinks about the myocarditis, especially in young men...

The question for unvaccinated males 12-17 is whether the probability-adjusted risk to self and others is higher from from remaining unvaccinated or from getting the Pfizer vaccine. The question for unvaccinated young males 18 and over is whether the risk is higher from getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (less effective against Covid-19 but no rare cardiac issues) or from getting one of the mRNA vaccines. (There is no known risk to men from the J&J vaccine save relative inefficacy compared to the mRNA vaccines.)

As a vaccinated older man, I have not deeply looked into it. Unless additional relevant information comes out, it should also have no bearing on whether to get a booster if/when they are recommended; based on current information, I would definitely get one.

Today's Washington Post Coronavirus Updates newsletter, which I subscribe to, contains this: "The United States has administered about 300 million mRNA doses. Following those vaccinations there have been 1,226 reports of myocarditis, a rare heart condition in which the muscle is inflamed, according to data recently presented to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisers. The symptoms are mostly mild and predominantly affect teenagers and young men. Though there is a 'likely association' between the mRNA vaccines and myocarditis, federal officials say, the benefits of vaccination far outweigh these and any other risks. In fact, as one vaccine expert pointed out, covid-19 itself causes this heart condition far more frequently than vaccines do."

The email also says: "Fatigue, respiratory issues and other lingering symptoms of coronavirus infection, known as long covid, may have afflicted more than 2 million people in England, according to a study by Imperial College London and other U.K. researchers. Women, as well as people from low-income communities, are more likely to be susceptible. Long covid may be more widespread than thought, the research suggests."
vegman

Postby Mayapples » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:44 am

I had my second dose of the Moderna vaccine back in the middle of May. Unfortunately, I'm one of the people who developed the dreaded "Covid arm": an itchy, blistering rash on the injection arm that started out like poison ivy but then spread, swelled, and almost appeared to bruise. It took a good three weeks to fully settle down and the mark still hasn't completely faded. No regrets, though!
Mayapples

Previous

Return to The Lounge