Have you had the vaccine?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Have you had the vaccine?

Postby dempseygirl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:30 pm

I got the J&J shot today. My arm was a bit sore right after injection, but that went away (I moved my arm around a lot) and no symptoms so far.
dempseygirl

Reaction to vaccine may be a good thing

Postby secdroid » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:45 am

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.04.05.21254934v1
Abstract
The aim of this study was to estimate the immunogenic effect of mRNA vaccine against SARS-CoV-2. This study included 510 participants who received mRNA vaccine. The measurement of anti-Covid-19 antibodies was performed using the Abbott SARS-CoV-2 IgG quantitative assay (Abbott). Overall, mean title of anti-Spike antibodies was 19319.2+/-1787.5 AU/ml. Vaccination induced a robust immunogenic response in previous infected with SARS-CoV-2 compared. Additionally, individuals that were asymptomatic after vaccination produced lower levels of antibodies compared to feverish individuals. [Emphasis added.] In conclusion, remarkable high level of anti-Spike Covid-19 antibodies was found after vaccination

Here's hoping for a robust, hopefully short-lived, reaction to my second Moderna vaccination in two days. Lots and lots of antibodies! :)
secdroid

More reactions to Moderna than Pfizer

Postby secdroid » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:45 am

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778441?
A greater percentage of participants who received the Moderna vaccine, compared with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, reported reactogenicity; this pattern was more pronounced after the second dose (Table). When stratified by age (<65 vs ≥65 years), differences in reactogenicity by vaccine remained consistent with overall findings (data not shown). Local and systemic reactions were less commonly reported by v-safe participants 65 years and older compared with those younger than 65 years, but greater reactogenicity after the second dose was observed for both age groups (eFigure in the Supplement). For both doses of both vaccines, the percentage of v-safe participants who reported local and systemic reactions was highest on day 1 after vaccination and declined markedly through day 7.

The frequency of reported reactions was generally consistent with results observed in clinical trials.4,5 Data from millions of v-safe participants indicate that injection site pain is common after both the first and second doses of either mRNA-based vaccine. Systemic reactions, including fatigue, headache, myalgia, chills, fever, and joint pain, occurred in participants after the first dose, although they were more frequently reported after the second dose among both Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccine recipients. Persons 65 years and older reported less reactogenicity than younger persons. Limitations of v-safe include voluntary participation via an opt-in smartphone-based system that includes less than 10% of vaccinated persons.

I get my second dose of Moderna today....
secdroid

Postby Ltldogg » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:52 am

I got my second dose of Pfizer on Friday, 4/9. I did not have any side effects from either dose. I was able to get the vaccines through the Phoenix VA Hospital, which opened vaccinations to Veterans of all ages several weeks ago.

Scott
Ltldogg

Postby openmind » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:39 pm

Ltldogg wrote:I got my second dose of Pfizer on Friday, 4/9. I did not have any side effects from either dose. I was able to get the vaccines through the Phoenix VA Hospital, which opened vaccinations to Veterans of all ages several weeks ago.

Scott

Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer the day after you. Also no side effects for either dose- not even a sore arm.
openmind

Postby dempseygirl » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:34 pm

I had fever and headache for a couple of days after initially feeling well. My arm also started hurting on the 2nd day.
dempseygirl

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:40 am

First pfizer shot on Monday. Sore arm, and lightly feverish/hot face plus really tired on Tuesday. Don't know what it's gonna be like after the second.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby ch47gunnergirl » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:51 pm

Hubs and I get our first shot tomorrow! I'm so excited, PA finally opened to our "eligibility category" on the 13th, and I was able to score 2 slots for Moderna 2 days later, a 15-minute walk from our house. It's crazy here, the place I scheduled with is having a hard time filling the vacancies, yet I know there are bigger name pharmacies just a few minutes away that are completely out of appointments all the time.
ch47gunnergirl

Second Moderna - mild side effects

Postby secdroid » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:03 am

I got my second Moderna dose on 9 April. Warned to expect a day or two of side effects, which "shows that it is working."

I had some chills, fever, and fatigue on the following day. Gone on the second day. No arm pain, headache, or muscle aches. I'm over 65, so likely to see a more modest reaction than some younger people.

I was also told to expect a third, booster dose of Moderna sometime in the next six to twelve months.

Vaccination was coordinated by regional health district, here in Virginia. My district covers four suburban and rural counties. Very well organized and efficient. It turns out that, except for a few employees, it was an all-volunteer effort. At my mass vaccination site in a disused supermarket building, there were dozens of volunteers administering vaccine, managing intake, monitoring for reactions, and directing traffic. The state managed the eligibility database, but left the rest to the regional health districts. Amazing!
secdroid

Postby Mark_ » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:30 am

I received the 2nd Pfizer shot on Sunday, 4/11, and have to wait until next Sunday for the advertised maximum immunity. The vaccinations were arranged for me by the U of T medical center here in Houston. I had a mildly sore arm after both shots and felt a bit lethargic the day after. No other side effects and I look forward to more freedom with less worry once the waiting period is over. :)
Mark_

Postby Riva » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:59 am

got my second Moderna March 15th. I was so happy!!
Now my 30s aged kids either have gotten them or have appointments. YAY!

Riva
Never Ever Give Up
Riva

Postby jamietwo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:34 pm

I got my second Pfizer vaccine on Friday. Had a little arm soreness and a little fatigue yesterday, but feel great today!
Jamie
jamietwo

Postby QubitBob » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:36 pm

I received the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. I experienced no side effects other than a slightly sore arm.
QubitBob

Postby Chumly » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:22 am

I just received my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. My arm is a little sore, but no other side effects yet.

Michael
Chumly

Postby Chumly » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 am

I have been home sick since Wednesday afternoon. Fever, chills, headaches, body aches and fatigue. I'm feeling a little better today.

Michael
Chumly

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge