Question to Heather McDougall re Dr. McDougall's Right Foods

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Question to Heather McDougall re Dr. McDougall's Right Foods

Postby JOJO1947 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:31 pm

Dear Heather, Do you know if McDougall has any input re nutrition of McDougall's Right Foods products. I know the brand was sold but the sodium is so high. Thanks, JoAnn
JOJO1947

Re: Question to Heather McDougall re Dr. McDougall's Right F

Postby VeggieSue » Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 am

I see Jeff answered this in another post - No, he doesn't - but I remember Dr. McD saying in a webinar with Gustavo, possibly the first one after the fire, when they were in the apartment with the piano, that the Right Foods guys sent them cases of their product to help them get settled, and that they do send him samples of the new stuff for approval now and then. I guess I either mis-heard or things have changed since them.

As for the sodium content - it's always been high, and they do make a very small selection in lower sodium versions, which still are too high for Jeff's guidelines. Dr. McD replies to that when it's mentioned that this is why they're called "Right" Foods and not "Perfect" foods.
VeggieSue

Re: Question to Heather McDougall re Dr. McDougall's Right F

Postby Mom+Me » Sat May 29, 2021 1:14 pm

JOJO1947--Yes, I completely agree with you about too much sodium. What we do is only use part of the package of seasoning; it really helps to cut down on the sodium but still get flavor. We've found that the Black Bean is great without the seasoning packet entirely. You can also use them as toppers...soup cup over rice, beans, potatoes, corn, etc. instead of eating 2 cups. And yes, I have heard Dr. McDougall say more than once that they are called Right Foods, not Perfect Foods.
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Return to The Lounge