Lalit Kapoor story

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Lalit Kapoor story

Postby pundit999 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:06 am

Came across this great story:
By 2012 lifestyle diseases had caught up with him and he was on medications for Hypertension, Diabetes, Hypothyroid, Gout, Osteo Arthritis and Sleep Apnea. To cure his diseases he developed interest in nutrition and educated himself in the field. Pursuing a Plant Based Whole Food dietary discipline, and various fasting regimes he was able to lose 50 pounds of weight, get off all medications and reinvent himself.

Later

To keep myself motivated I started watching documentaries and YouTube videos by various doctors and medical Universities on health topics, on a daily basis. In 2015 started attending Weekend Study programs conducted by Dr. John McDougall in Santa Rosa about 60 miles from our house. Such Seminars provided opportunity to meet with doctors like McDougall, Dr. Collin Campbell, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Greger and others who were always helpful to clarify doubts.
I have found that the changes I achieved in one to two years are attainable in much shorter time frame if PBWF/IF/10K recommendations are followed to a T and combined with biweekly and once a year water fast of 9-10 days with a single 500 calorie meal of low protein diet. Many in my different groups have successfully confirmed that.

I want to emphasize to all and specially to those who are sitting on the sideline that nothing succeeds like success. If you make only minor changes, the results will also be minor and if you are a skeptic you will not connect the two and fall back. Try making some drastic changes at least for three weeks and you will be sold. Besides your friends will comment and pay compliments. All changes will be for the positive and you will feel great.

https://www.lmkhealth.com/my-story

The last paragraph fully resonates with my experience and many others' on this forum.
pundit999

Re: Lalit Kapoor story

Postby KatherineUK » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:11 pm

If you read the full article towards the end it says

"I have found that the changes I achieved in one to two years are attainable in much shorter time frame if PBWF/IF/10K recommendations are followed to a T and combined with biweekly and once a year water fast of 9-10 days with a single 500 calorie meal of low protein diet."

I don't understand what he means by "biweekly and once a year water fast of 9-10 days with a single 500 calorie meal" how can you fast for 9-10 days biweekly? Is there a typo? Does he mean he eats a 500 calorie meal every 10 days? Anyone any idea?

Kx
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Postby pundit999 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:00 pm

Lalit has many detailed videos on YouTube and there is a lot of information on his web site.
But I think what he meant was that if you really wish to turbo charge your recovery, you can do water fast twice a week where you consume only water except one meal that provides 500 calories . And you also do this kind of fast over 10 days continuously once a year.
His argument is that water fasting this way rejuvenates the body.
Much of this water fasting advice is based on recent Nobel prizes in this area.
pundit999

Postby KatherineUK » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:26 am

pundit999 wrote:Lalit has many detailed videos on YouTube and there is a lot of information on his web site.
But I think what he meant was that if you really wish to turbo charge your recovery, you can do water fast twice a week where you consume only water except one meal that provides 500 calories . And you also do this kind of fast over 10 days continuously once a year.
His argument is that water fasting this way rejuvenates the body.
Much of this water fasting advice is based on recent Nobel prizes in this area.

Thanks pundit :-)
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Postby Lizzy_F » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:12 am

I love this!

If you make only minor changes, the results will also be minor

I look forward to exploring his web site and Youtube channel!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Return to The Lounge