Meal delivery service

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Meal delivery service

Postby Joanyf10 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:51 pm

Hi,
I'm new so forgive me if this is in the wrong place and hopefully you can steer me to the right place! I am looking for a meal delivery service that subscribes to the eat to Live principles and I'm in Canada, Ontario to narrow it down. We can't even access the forks over knives frozen meals from here and I was wondering if anybody had any solutions or knew of anybody? We find many delivery services wouldn't push comes to shove there it is ,oil throughout all the recipes.
I get that for some people it makes good taste good but not for us. It would be nice to have some of the stress eased of myself as I'm working and in school full time.
Joanyf10

Re: Meal delivery service

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:28 pm

Joanyf10 wrote:Hi,
I'm new so forgive me if this is in the wrong place and hopefully you can steer me to the right place!

Questions about Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live program should be directed to his website. His program and Dr. McDougall's do have some differences. http://www.drfuhrman.com This website has nothing to do with Dr. Fuhrman, only Dr. McDougall's food plans.

That said, the only delivery service I know of that is in line with healthy plant based, oil-free eating is Mama Sezz, and they do have a version for followers of Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live program:

https://www.mamasezz.com/collections/co ... er-bundles

There's contact info on their site so you can call/write to ask about Canadian orders.
VeggieSue

Postby QubitBob » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:33 pm

That said, the only delivery service I know of that is in line with healthy plant based, oil-free eating is Mama Sezz...

VeggieSue,

Thank you so much for posting this. I was not aware that there were any meal delivery services offering plant-based, oil-free meals. I was aware of Purple Carrot (https://www.purplecarrot.com/ ), but their meals are definitely not oil-free. Though I generally keep my meals on the simple side and do all my cooking myself, I am thinking I might try MamaSezz once or twice a year "just to break up the monotony" so-to-speak.
QubitBob

Postby Freya » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:33 am

I hope Joanyf10 is still here and will see this. She may not want a McDougall type diet, but honestly it is SO easy to do McDougall no matter how busy you are. Baking a bunch of potatoes, pre-cooking a big pot of rice, pre-cooking a big pot of oats, and having frozen vegetables and fruit in the freezer makes following this diet ridiculously easy.
Freya

Return to The Lounge