WFPB vegan bowls commercially available?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

WFPB vegan bowls commercially available?

Postby cluwal894 » Tue May 31, 2022 9:41 am

Can you buy these bowls and are they McDougall approved?
cluwal894

Re: WFPB vegan bowls commercially available?

Postby MINNIE » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:42 am

I couldn't tell from the wording of your question if this is about pre-packaged meals?

I'm not a dietician, so this is not advice but a suggestion. I do see these in some grocery stores, and haven't tried them simply because it's so easy (and cheap) to make this kind of thing at home. But if you think they might be useful to you, you can read the labels and see if they contain oil or other non-McDougall approved ingredients. If not, try one and see if you like it.

There is no rule I know of for not buying packaged meals, as long as they are compliant with the no oil or animal products guidelines. You have to use your own judgement about the calorie density, and salt/sugar content if that is a concern.

This might be a good question for Jeff Novick, in his section of the website.
MINNIE

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:24 am

Home delivery type?
Mama Sez has a line of meals that follow the guidelines here 100%, the Chef AJ designated line. The Fuhrman and TrueNorth sets contain most of the same meals, but also smoothies and a few nuts, which are not 100% McDougall. I didn't bother looking at any of the others. For those prices, I'll never buy any of them, anyway.

https://www.mamasezz.com/collections/co ... er-bundles

But if you don't mind a little bit of cooking, you can always get yourself some McDougall Right Foods cups - soups and stews - either the add hot water type or the already cooked aseptic packages. Pour them over pre-cooked rice or cooked potatoes even toasted bread, and you've got a complete meal.

https://rightfoods.com/
VeggieSue

Postby Dougalling2 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:09 am

Your best bet is to find a restaurant that sells WFPB bowls.
Take them home.
Add grains and beans to double the quantity/halve the price.
And freeze them.

When at the grocers, check out the vegan bowls available. Sometimes, I find a bowl that is actually WFPB no oil, no sugar, no salt.
Dougalling2

Return to The Lounge