Hello, long time away

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Hello, long time away

Postby Ruff » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:09 pm

glo wrote:A wonderful and encouraging story. Thank you so much for posting.
My return is the opposite… but I hope it’s not too late to get smart! :) - Glo

As long as you are breathing, it is never, ever, too late. :D
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby CloverLeaf » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:18 pm

I was away from eating the McDougall way for a long time, too, and I'm back at it again. My problem is I got away from eating correctly and I'm paying a price with high cholesterol once more. I wish I had stayed the course. No telling what damage I've done to myself. I'm trying to get back in the game only now it's with a spouse who likes chicken, fish, eggs, and has a giant sweet tooth. :shock:
"When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need." – Ayurvedic Proverb
CloverLeaf

Postby YvonneJ » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:50 pm

Thank you so much Katie for sharing this story, I am very new in this process, but all in. My first day was May 13th which was the first day of the 12 day intensive. You are definitely an inspiration, I'm excited that I have energy these days to get up and empty and fill the dishwasher, instead of feeling to tired to even do that. In some ways I'm surprised at how easy some of this has been (not craving some of the foods I thought I couldn't live without). Also so surprised how I steadily keep letting go of weight, I keep waiting for my scale to say 'just kidding'. Anyway, running or walking a half marathon sounds impossible, but who knows.

Yvonne
YvonneJ

Postby rickfm » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:56 am

Congrats on your success. And thanks for the inspiration.
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Previous

Return to The Lounge