McDougall Potluck Regents Park London (uk) 28th August '22

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

McDougall Potluck Regents Park London (uk) 28th August '22

Postby KatherineUK » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:43 am

This is a first alert about a McDougall Potluck lunch we're having on 28th August. Venue is Regents Park London UK. Had one pre lockdown at my house and met up with an old friend and made a new one.

Of course being UK it's totally weather dependant thus uncertain !!!!!!

4 say yes, 4 say maybe ... so far ... EVERYONE VERY WELCOME ...

Kx
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Re: McDougall Potluck Regents Park London (uk) 28th August '

Postby f1jim » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:15 pm

Dang, wish I could be there.
God luck and keep posting regularly about this event.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:44 pm

I, too would be there if I could. Have a great time and report back!
Vanilla Orchid

Postby KatherineUK » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:54 am

Well 2 days to go and we have 5 certains and 5 maybes. Of the 5 certains 3 of us I know are full time McDougallers or as close as most people get, one is a former partner of mine who lived with McD during our relationship :-) and one is unknown to any of us. The lady from the Isle of Wight (known to Jim and Vanilla) is on the maybe list.

I'm taking Heather's Banana Cake, Mary's Peppered Kale and Potatoes (probably my best "go to" as you say across the water) and some home made wholemeal sourdough (3 day recipe still cogitating in the fridge as I type). I made more than this when we had a potluck at my house but this time I'm obviously constrained by transporting food to London.

Weather for Sunday looks OK. Not boiling but that might be problematic anyway. The biggest unknown relates to transport. We've had a series of public transport strikes here and though we aren't due for a train strike on Sunday (2 of us are going into London by train from about 50 miles out) it will be a pain in the backside if we have to get the bus! But still worth the effort :-)
In Democratic countries the violent nature of the economy is not perceived, whereas in authoritarian countries what is not perceived is the economic nature of violence- Brecht

If we don't try we don't do; and if we don't do why are we here on this earth?
KatherineUK

Return to The Lounge