Found Treasures

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Found Treasures

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:21 pm

The things we find when decluttering the house!

We finally had enough of the junk we accumulated in this apartment and started a deep cleaning, packing boxes and bags of stuff for Goodwill donation, multiple bags of books for donating to the Little Library boxes around town and the city library itself, and reams of paper in the recycling bin.

The other day we were working on a bookshelf that held all my McDougall books and others' cookbooks that fit into this program. Squeezed between The McDougall Plan and the Quick and Easy Cookbook we found a few envelopes. One was dated 2011 from Faith For Today company, the producers of the Lifestyle TV show that used to feature Dr McDougall. It contained a digest sized copy of the McDougall's All-You-Can-Eat Vegetarian Cookbook. Next to that was another envelope, this one from 2001, from the Dr. John McDougall's To Your Health magazine that we used to subscribe to.Inside were 6 booklets written by Dr McDougall, the last one with Mary:
How to Lose Weight By Eating More
New Food Cures For Arthritis and Osteoporosis
New Food Cures To Cancer-Proof Your Body
New Food Cures For Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure
How to Transform Your Health in 12 Days
The McDougall All-You-Can-Eat Cookbook, that was word for word the same as the digest sized one.

My husband saw them and said "Hey! I remember these! I think you have them all memorized, don't you?"

I probably do. :lol:

Let's see what other treasures get unearthed as we continue our task.
VeggieSue

Re: Found Treasures

Postby Daydream » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:51 pm

Veggie Sue, yes those are treasures! You are fortunate to have them.
Daydream

Re: Found Treasures

Postby Lizzy_F » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:11 pm

What a fantastic collection!!!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Return to The Lounge