multi sclerosis

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

multi sclerosis

Postby katt » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:33 pm

A friend age 40 found out she had MS yesterday. Anyone here have or know anyone that has MS and did this WFPB diet help?

I thought if would, but would be nice to say that someone has used and found that it did.

Thanks
Kat
katt

Re: multi sclerosis

Postby QubitBob » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:12 am

Kat,

Discussions about MS pop up frequently on this forum. The link below will take you to one such discussion we had in 2018. Please read the lengthy post I made about how Dr. Saray Stancic was able to reverse her MS by adopting a whole-food, plant-based diet along with other healthy lifestyle changes.

Here's the link: https://www.drmcdougallforums.com/viewt ... =sclerosis
QubitBob

Postby Ejeff » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:54 am

Kat, in addition to the link from QubitBob, if you click on Education at the top of the main site and then Success Stories you will see a tab for Multiple Sclerosis. There are about 6 stories of people that used this diet to help or halt the progression of the disease.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby michaelswarm » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:27 pm

Katt,

Our table had a guy with MS at a McDougall Advanced Study weekend years ago. He seemed like just a normal guy. No noticeable symptoms I could tell. I would never have known except for the dinner conversation.
michaelswarm

Postby QubitBob » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:52 am

Hi Kat,

Here's a link to a video about another individual who was able to successfully reverse their MS by adopting a whole-food, plant based diet and making other healthy lifestyle changes: https://tinyurl.com/y8e4ya7p .

(This interview, like the one I referenced above, was conducted by Dr. Laurie Marbas, a physician who, like Dr. McDougall, centers her practice around WFPB nutrition.)
QubitBob

Postby dinska » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:08 am

Dr. McDougall ran a small MS diet study several years back now. I can't remember if there have been follow-ups (there probably were regarding publication of the study) but here is the McDougall newsletter regarding it:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/newsletters ... sis-study/
dinska

Return to The Lounge