Sensitive to Rice?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Sensitive to Rice?

Postby Gwiggles » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:55 am

Hi all,
I think I just discovered I am sensitive to rice. Every time I eat it, I have a blow up the next morning, with undigested rice hanging around. Is this possible? Does anyone else have this experience?
Thanks,
Gwen
Gwiggles

Re: Sensitive to Rice?

Postby QubitBob » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Indeed it is. I remember many years ago being told by my then-manager, who was an immigrant from Vietnam, that her family was astonished when one of her nephews was diagnosed to be allergic to rice! I don't know if what you are describing qualifies as an allergy, but it definitely sounds as though you have some sort of sensitivity to rice.
QubitBob

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:44 am

If you do a Search on this site for Burgess Laughlin you'll find one of the original Star McDougallers who had many, many allergy problems, some caused by his sensitivity towards rice. He was a prolific poster so you'll find loads of messages written by him.

Here's his Star McDougaller story to get you started:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... -laughlin/
VeggieSue

Postby Gwiggles » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:14 am

Thanks for the replies!
Gwiggles

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:26 pm

I recall Sacto Bob saying that he had some kind of a condition where he could not eat rice. I can't recall the name of the condition or the specifics though. He mentioned in while we were at lunch in Santa Rosa, and Jim Brown was there also. He might remember more.
Vanilla Orchid

Return to The Lounge