Why is the forum so hard to find

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Why is the forum so hard to find

Postby DenverGuy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:39 pm

I referred several friend to this site and they mentioned how hard it was to find this forum, and I see what they mean.
I don't understand why it's almost hidden.
DenverGuy

Re: Why is the forum so hard to find

Postby Ejeff » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 am

I don’t understand either, and this question has been asked before, but no response to my knowledge. The forum link used to be included in the main drop down menu options at the top. I wish they would put it there again.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:41 pm

I agree! This board used to be a lively place to meet, share, support each other and make friends. And it used to be easy to refer friends. No so much anymore.

And what's with the pop up ads that appear here. That's new. Does everyone get that, or is it some function of my computer?
Vanilla Orchid

Postby CloverLeaf » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:59 pm

I have asked this question myself, several times.

The Forum is a ghost town compared to what it used to be with the link hidden at the bottom. Who looks there?

This is how it used to be on the home page about 10 years ago when the Forum, AKA Discussion Board, was super lively, helpful, and very popular. After that, the website kept getting redesigned and the Forum got more and more lost and much less active.

ImageHomePage by Nancy_Rudolph, on Flickr
"When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need." – Ayurvedic Proverb
CloverLeaf

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:18 pm

CloverLeaf wrote:This is how it used to be on the home page about 10 years ago when the Forum, AKA Discussion Board, was super lively, helpful, and very popular.

That's the perfect page design! All the important things people are looking for are right there - not hidden behind drop down menus.

Heck, this place isn't even in a drop down menu, is it? And with the address change from an offshoot of the main website to mcdougallforums.com, all the old links collected over the years don't work, either.
VeggieSue

Return to The Lounge