The Pleasure Trap ~~~

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

The Pleasure Trap ~~~

Postby Sunny » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:51 am

I just watched the Pleasure Trap DVD with Doug Lisle, PhD., it was faboulous, very informative. He is one funny guy. I highly recommend this DVD to all. It covers alot of information on why we eat the way we do (SAD) and how to change that. It also covers how to deal with people who are non-vegetarians, etc... Did I mention he is one funny guy :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby Malva » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:18 pm

It's a great DVD.
And I'm glad he didn't go into painting!

Excellent information, answers many of the questions that are posted here repeatedly. Great resource and inspiration for all of us.
I do a more restricted Program to maintain my weight & health. I have been McDougalling for about 30 years, with a long transition, until I finally accepted this lifestyle, stayed on Program and reached my goal back in 2006.
Malva

Postby fiddler3 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:26 pm

Dr. Lisle is terrific! I am a psychologist, so I really appreciate all his efforts in this dvd.

Highly recommended!

fiddler3
fiddler3

Postby baron » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:43 am

I just have to add my 2 cents here. I watched The Pleasure Trap DVD this week. I highly recommend it! It was so right on and incredibly validating.

I no longer feel that frustration about comments or behavior from others in response to my food choices. Even though I knew I have a right to eat what I want and to want to be healthy, watching this DVD gave me the understanding of many of the social and psychological dynamics.

Fascinating. Thanks for making it available on this website.
[/url]
baron

Return to The Lounge