Kombucha tea...

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Kombucha tea...

Postby LJ » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:57 pm

Does anyone drink and/or make Kombucha tea? I just had it for the first time while visiting my in-laws. Their local health food store carries raw Kombucha and i'm hooked! I've already ordered 2 cultures and a book on the subject to start making my own but was just wondering if anyone else on here makes kombucha. If any of you out there don't know what it is, and I didn't until about a month ago, do a google search to find out about the benefits. I'm excited to make my own and start drinking it every day!!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Postby banana » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:57 am

I got addicted to the tea myself this summer. Then, I had a terrible Kombucha experience---I got really sick from it. I don't know if this is unusual or not, but I am staying far, far away from it.
banana

Postby LJ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:10 am

I've been reading up on it and have learned that if it starts growing mold, that you have to throw the whole batch out as this can make you sick. also, if its not fermented in the correct containers, this can also make you sick. I'm thoroughly reading up on it before I make it. Sorry to hear about your experience with it. I'll be so bummed if that happens to me. I drank 20 oz. yesterday, I love the stuff!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Return to The Lounge