The news says "Just Eat Less"

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

The news says "Just Eat Less"

Postby baron » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:42 am

Watching the news this morning I saw there is going to be a special report on the "obesity crisis in America". Then there was a picture of someone eating a huge fast food meal of fries, burgers, etc. and the voice over said, Here's the cure for the obesity crisis: Eat Less! As if it's possible to eat less of this kind of food and feel satisfied. It's cruel to tell people this.

This is of course is after an evening and morning of fast food commercials advertising pay less and get more food deals. It's the "Pleasure Trap" for sure. Thankfully, these are starting to look very unappealing to me -- so much fat! I think the trap is loosening its hold on me. It's been a lifelong battle, but it's never to late!

I don't watch too much TV, but sometimes there is a show that I like. I find myself turning the sound off half the time.

Thank goodness we have the McDougall program to show us another way!
[/url]
baron

wired

Postby annhett » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:52 pm

I think I saw another promo for this the other morning, but the story was focused on people that are wired to be heavier. The woman that was the example was shown eating her meal - she also had a huge glass of diet soda.
Yet she was doing everything in her power to not be heavy.
annhett

Return to The Lounge