October 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: October 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby Rebecka22 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:01 am

146.4 Weight change +/- in lbs: - 1 pound
1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. YES
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. NO
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). NO
6. Eliminate any added oil. NO
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. YES
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: I had one meal out with my husband, but otherwise a good week. Even with that I think I’m getting better at ordering and I didn’t use it as an excuse to eat a bunch of other stuff, so definitely progress. Have a great week everyone!
Rebecka22

Postby wstokes » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:35 am

Weight change +/- in lbs.... down (-3.2 lbs)

1) Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.  **yes**

2) Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for desert. **yes**

3) Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts.  This includes gourmet sugars and salts too.  If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. **no**

4) Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). **no...but much lower than the previous week**

5) Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). **yes**

6) Eliminate any added oil. **yes**

7) Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. **no, but pretty low**

8 ) Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). **yes**

9) Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full.   Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. **no....2-3 meals were too much food**

10) Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). **no...I have a back issue and need to find substitutes from doing hard Peloton workouts**

Still have some room for improvement...but I am kind of concerned that I've been "lucky" with two weeks of great weight loss reports catching up with me (if I can average 1 lb loss a week, then losing 5 lbs in two weeks may mean next week is +3?).
We'll see...glad this week was a drop! There is some travel coming up (2 weekends in the next 30 days)...that will be a challenge to get ready for.
wstokes

Postby GreenFroG » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:06 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: +2.0 lbs :roll:

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :thumbsdown:
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. :thumbsdown:
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :thumbsdown:
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :thumbsup:
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). :thumbsdown:
6. Eliminate any added oil. :thumbsdown:
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :thumbsdown:
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). :thumbsup:
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :thumbsup:
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). :thumbsdown:

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: Was a crazy week with several meals eaten out without preplanning. I tried to choose wisely, such a Thai veggies on brown rice, but as the scale reflects, it still had a lot of oil, salt, or fat in it. Another time, the options were limited, so I chose a veggie sandwich on wheat bread. I took off the cheese and some of the bread, but I still ate some bread. I was not ready to go without eating. So I have a lot of thumbs down on my checklist. I just have to give myself grace and keep moving onward. Looking forward to a better week ahead.
GreenFroG

Mark's Replies for October 15 - Part 1

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:23 pm

louie3084 - Down a pound! That is progress, right? The best general advice I can offer is to be sure to have adherent foods prepared, ready, and easy to access at any given time. Try to make it as easy as possible to reach for the recommended foods, and place as many obstacles as you reasonably can between yourself and those foods you are striving to eliminate. Set up your environment so you aren't relying solely or primarily on your willpower - that is a dwindling resource that can be depleted. With which foods do you find yourself eating those excess added sugars? When and under what circumstances has that tended to happen? Sometimes addressing the context that produces challenges can be quite helpful. Try to make a point of only including added sugars within the constraints offered by the guidelines:
JeffN wrote:Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
JeffN wrote:In regard to added salt and added sugar, we recommend buying and preparing food without either and if any are to be used, to add them at the table on the surface of the food. If either one is troublesome and create uncontrollable cravings for you, then leave them out.
If you find yourself desperately craving something sweet, I might suggest having some fruit, or ideally, a 50/50 serving of starch with vegetables or fruit. Onward!

Rebecka22 - Woo-hoo! You're down a pound, too!
Rebecka22 wrote: I think I’m getting better at ordering and I didn’t use it as an excuse to eat a bunch of other stuff, so definitely progress.
Agreed. That does seem like progress worth noting. Assuming that single meal out accounts for the NOs on your checklist, you did well keeping any "exceptions" fully confined. Keep aiming to adhere as much and as consistently as possible. I find Jeff's "Hedge Your Health" strategy a particularly useful lens to apply to dining out and other less controlled situations. Have a great week!

wstokes - Wow! Big drop! It sounds like you are continuing to make meaningful progress moving toward the recommended pattern of behavior. Having "room for improvement" just means that you know where to focus your efforts in the days ahead to continue making headway. Having adherent food close at hand, and following the guidelines as consistently as possible is the best way to ensure that you can remain "lucky." :D Jeff's posts discussing travel food and dining out should be helpful in preparing for those trips in your future. You can do it!

GreenFroG - Crazy weeks will inevitably happen; I completely agree that we should offer ourselves grace in the face of challenges. :nod: I think the times when we stumble, or stray can be great opportunities for growth. Taking some time to review and assess what happened, why, and what we might do differently in the future offers a chance to learn, and to fortify our practice so that it is as durable as possible. Cheers for great days ahead!
Mark Cooper

Postby cmcavazos2 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: -.4# loss

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). YES
6. Eliminate any added oil. YES
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. NO
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:
Victories: I did well with planning my food for the week.
Comments: Not much new to report. And that's good! I'm already reminding myself that I'm a little old :) for Halloween trick-or-treating, so I don't need any Halloween candy or treats. As in past years, there will be dishes of Halloween candy all over the workplace. I know that one piece can lead to more, so I am committing to a candy-free Halloween at home and at work.
Concerns/questions -- None this week.
cmcavazos2

Postby missnutmeg » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: -4 lbs or so

176.4 today, that will be my starting weight. I started on Tuesday so this is not a full week. My weight on Tuesday over 181, but I had eaten my oatmeal by then so it's not quite accurate. But still really happy to see the bloat going away so quick!

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. SOMETIMES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). YES
6. Eliminate any added oil. YES
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. ALMOST - I had a whole grain cereal 1 morning, with lots of blueberries and almond milk.

Really proud that I'm getting started. I can already see my body is less bloated. On Tuesday my weight was over 181, but I had already eaten my oatmeal so it's not totally accurate. Still it shows that I'm released the extra bloat this week. I'm also drinking a lot more water this week.

My husband is also doing this with, so that's a huge support. I have cooked a healthy dinner every night starting on Tuesday, and we had the leftovers the next day for lunch. I am definitely a bit hungry at bedtime, but sticking to herbal tea and 1-2 dates or a banana if I really need something. Looking forward to finding more new recipes and getting some new groceries this weekend. I just know this works on my body so I just need stay committed! I'm excited to see how I do before the holidays begin.
missnutmeg

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Hi,

Great to see everyone's updates! Hope those in US are enjoying start of autumn. It is getting a bit nippy here, but love the season of colors and sweatshirts and soups!! :-D

Weight change - -.4 lbs. Loss
Current weight - 132.0 lbs.
Last Week weight - 132.4 lbs.

1 Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Mostly

2 Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
Choose fruit for dessert.
Yes

3 Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Yes

4 Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES, of course. :D

5 Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Still trying to change non-compliant after dinner snack "habit". Have gained some ground, but was not on point each day.

6 Eliminate any added oil. Yes! I do not add oil and only have this if eating out.

7 Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Still trying to change non-compliant after dinner snack "habit". Have gained some ground, but was not on point each day.

8 Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes

9 Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes

10 Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Yes - 6 of 7 days. Have a hike planned at a new (to me) place tomorrow with a friend.

Have been making lists of recipes that I want to try. Won't be too many since most times I like to stick to old standard or am very simple. This week have enjoyed a few meals of simple - fruit, salad, soup, with a potato. Great meal for me. I have also made some "odds and ends" meals using 50/50 and having a Mexican or Oriental theme. Started with fruit.

Have a list of foods to prep this weekend. I am going to try an onion / spice / veg broth soup in the hopes that I can find a colder weather PL favorite.

Making progress against snack monster, but not 100% yet. On the positive side, this is only "extra" eating after dinner and isn't de-railing / impacting my regular meal choices. However, it is likely slowing weight loss ... :oops: I feel a ton better with the 26+ lbs. that I have lost, but definitely have at least 17 more to go.... Will get there - going the route of the turtle.

Hope that everyone has an excellent weekend and a great week!!

Best,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Noella » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:34 pm

+/- 0 lbs.
No change.

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes!
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Yes!
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Yes!
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Yes!
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Yes!
6. Eliminate any added oil. Yes!
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes!
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes!
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes!
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). Yes.

This week will be challenging because I am travelling to be with family. All are supportive about helping me stay on track with plant based nutrition and they are loving and kind about trying to ensure healthy foods foods are available at mealtimes. However, there will be a lot of non MWL foods available, over the few next days. I have brought lots of MWL compliant food with me, so I’m going to do my best to stay with fruit, veggies, grains and legumes.
Noella

Postby kirstykay » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:00 am

Weight change +/- in lbs: +1.8

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :(
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. :(
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :(
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :)
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). :)
6. Eliminate any added oil. :(
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :(
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). :(
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :(
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). :)

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: My vacation started out great, and I made it through my mom's birthday party with no problems. But then the wheels fell off and I went into "vacation mode." Made some bad choices and I'm paying for it on the scale. I'm home now, and basically starting over today. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Could have been way worse. Today is a new day and a fresh start.
My next trip is November 10th when we go to Denver to see our daughter and new fiancé. I am learning from what happened this time and hope to make better choices on that trip. I think it will help to have a few more compliant weeks under my belt before traveling again.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby texaslil » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:24 pm

+2.2 lbs

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. NO, had some chocolate
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). NO ate peanut butter
6. Eliminate any added oil. NO, had a meal out
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. NO ate bread
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES,

Unfortunately, not a good week... I'm very frustrated.. and disappointed. seems like I'm stuck and will never break past this weight point. not sure where to go from here.

At least I'm not regaining the original 25-30 lbs I lost...
texaslil

Reporting for October 15 Weigh-In is now CLOSED

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:01 pm

The window for reporting this week's weigh-in and behavioral results has officially closed.

The remainder of my replies and the weekly summary will follow.
Mark Cooper

Mark's Replies for October 15 - Part 2

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:10 pm

cmcavazos2 - Nice progress, Christine! Cheers for your candy-free Halloween; that is a great idea! :D

missnutmeg - I think it is great that you are feeling happy and proud getting started this week! Having a loved one to share in your efforts is definitely a great support. Just to clarify and confirm a few points for the group - neither dates nor almond milk are recommended for MWL; dates are quite calorie rich, and almond milk is liquid calories.
JeffN wrote:The fundamental basic principle of the MWL Program and the principles of calorie density is "whenever hungry, eat until comfortably full of the recommended foods." Because of this, there is no reason for anyone to feel hungry when following our guidelines. The recommended foods are minimally processed starches, fruits and vegetables. The most satiety, short term and long term comes from minimally processed starches and to keep the calorie density low, have them with some non-starchy vegetables. Remember, we do not have to figure out if it is true hunger, appetite, craving, etc. However, to be successful, you have to prepare for success and make sure you have availability of minimally processed starches throughout the day.

At the 10-Day program, the snack room is full of veggies (cherry tomatoes, baby carrots), fruits (apples, oranges) and starches (regular hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, potatoes, Split pea soup, Black bean soup, and Lentil Couscous soup). People choose from both the starches and fruits/vegetables. Choosing just vegetables or fruit will not be enough for most people to feel satiated. If you experience cravings for unhealthy foods, you can beat these cravings by choosing healthy foods to eat and knowing that these cravings will eventually pass and stop. However, you can not beat your biology (hunger) and your biology/hunger will eventually win.
If you are feeling hungry at any given time and need a snack, the recommendation would be to eat of the recommended foods, ideally an equal visual volume of starch and fruit/vegetables. As you observed, you know MWL works so keep at it! :)

VegSeekingFit - Solid progress and gaining ground, Stephanie! Keep up your efforts, challenging that habit you are seeking to break, and adjusting tactics as appropriate and you will get there. The "turtle's route" has its advantages. :-D Have an awesome weekend!

Noella - Yes! Nice work! I think it is wonderful that the family you'll be visiting are so willing to support your efforts. :thumbsup: Taking the challenge of travel seriously, and being prepared with adherent food at hand is a great way to meet any obstacles. Have fun and enjoy the time with your loved ones!

kirstykay - It can be pretty easy to drop into that "vacation mode," right? Treating yourself compassionately and starting afresh is a wise approach, Kirsty; so is taking the opportunity to review, assess, learn and be better prepared for the next trip. Jeff's posts on Dining Out and Travel Food likely have some ideas for how to approach things. Onward!

texaslil - Hang in there, Laila! Feeling frustrated, disappointed and stuck can't be very enjoyable. The best way to break past this plateau is through the method Jeff outlines here. What are the specific situations and scenarios where you find yourself struggling? Is it happening mainly at home? At work? While you are out? When you have found yourself choosing foods that are not recommended, rather than adherent foods, what has been the context for that? Something that has been key for me: NOT relying on my "willpower," and then blaming myself when that resource becomes exhausted and fails. Rather, I try to arrange my environment in such a way that I almost NEVER have to worry about "willpower." Aligning the environment, routine and habits in congruence with the goal we seek is POWERFUL. Don't despair, just take a breath, dust yourself off, and decide what you want and what you can do to set yourself up to achieve that end. :)
Mark Cooper

Re: Weigh-In Report Compilation - October 15, 2021

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Please note - I replied to each participant individually in the two posts linked below, provided that their reports followed the guidelines for weigh-ins.

Mark's Replies for October 15 - Part 1
Mark's Replies for October 15 - Part 2

By my count, 10 participants reported for our third October 2021 MWL weigh-in! If I neglected to include anyone, or you notice an error in the tally, please let me know (via PM so we can keep the thread as tidy as possible, or in a post here if you cannot PM).

Here are the results for the third Friday in October:

Week ending 10/15/2021: 10 participants reported a total change of 0.00 pounds
--------------------------------------------------
Texaslil +2.20
GreenFroG +2.00
Kirstykay +1.80
Total gains: +6.00
NO CHANGE / MAINTAIN/ STARTING OUT
Missnutmeg 0.00
Noella 0.00
Cmcavazos2 -0.40
VegSeekingFit -0.40
Louie3084 -1.00
Rebecka22 -1.00
Wstokes -3.20
Total losses: -6.00
Cumulative group loss for October 2021 to date: 2.60 pounds
Average loss for week ending October 15: 0.00 pounds
Cumulative group loss for January 2021: 117.20 pounds
Cumulative group loss for February 2021: 39.40 pounds
Cumulative group loss for March 2021: 73.20 pounds
Cumulative group loss for April 2021: 48.30 pounds
Cumulative group loss for May 2021: 35.90 pounds
Cumulative group loss for June 2021: 34.10 pounds
Cumulative group loss for July 2021: 64.95 pounds
Cumulative group loss for August 2021: 49.30 pounds
Cumulative group loss for September 2021: 18.84 pounds

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, October 22, 2021.

Hooray for the completion of another week of MWL! We have two more weigh-in self-assessments for October, then it is on to November.

If MWL is feeling like a struggle right now, try not to despair. Making these behavioral changes is not easy, but neither is it easy to see our desired outcomes slip away or to compromise the ongoing quality of our lives. Treat yourself with compassion, and reconnect with the important outcomes you most want to achieve. Jeff's 10 Secrets to Success and 10 Reasons for Lack of Success offer a useful perspective to apply in the face of challenges. It rarely feels easy, but you CAN do it.

Wishing you all the very best! Take care & be well! :D
Mark Cooper

Postby Gimmelean » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: .8
10/08/2021 126.4
10/16/2021. 127.2

1.Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes

2.Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Yes

3.Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.Yes

4.Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).Yes

5.Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).Yes

6.Eliminate any added oil. Yes

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes

8.Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes

9.Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes

10.Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). Yes.

Victories, comments, concerns,questions-
I apologize for the late posting.
I gained 1/2 pound this week. I followed the checklist, feel great, and not stressing about it for once. ( first time ever) Have a healthy, happy, and safe week everyone!
Gimmelean

Postby Mark Cooper » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:49 am

Gimmelean wrote:I followed the checklist, feel great, and not stressing about it for once. ( first time ever)
Awesome! The behaviors drive the lasting outcomes, so when our behaviors comport with the recommendations we know our actions are in support of attaining our health and weight loss goals. :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:
Mark Cooper

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program