3rd day and I'm very tired........

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

3rd day and I'm very tired........

Postby jamila04 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:56 am

Hello!

This is Jamila and I was hoping that someone would respond to me, but perhaps in time. Today is my third day and yesterday I went to bed at 6:00pm and when it was time to get up at 4:30am I felt that I still needed sleep. Perhaps, I need to give a little more information about myself. I live in Madison, Virgina a transplant from Washington D.C 15 years ago. I weighted in at 201.0 on 1/02/07 and I'm 4ft 11 inches. I need this to work for me and I need support. I have lots of gastrointestine stuff going on, I'm forever tired, and there's a pain in the area of my liver, but my liver function came back normal. I would love to hear from anyone for encouragement. Eating no meat, dairy, sweets or junk is different, but I need to allow the Lord to help me work this program.

Jamila :) :)
jamila04

Postby Doris » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:13 am

Welcome! You have come to the right place to lose weight and improve your health. I've been McDougalling since March, 2005, and I feel so much better ( more energy, no acid reflux, and improved mobility)

So Jamila, keep posting and reading other posts. I wish you a great McDougall Journey. :)
Doris

Postby momoffour » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:32 am

Welcome Jamila,

I think the fatigue you are experiencing will get better after more time on the McDougall plan. It takes your body a while to detox from all that other junk. Keep coming here for support. Just reading the posts is very motivating as well as reading about the Star McDougallers.

Hang in there.
momoffour

Postby Ladybug » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:46 pm

Tried to post earlier but don't think it flew, so if double posted sorry. I weigh just a few pounds less than you and a couple inches taller so in the same boat. I had a wake up call a couple weeks with what I think was angina pain, was not about to go to Dr. as they would just give pills and test after test. So after starting being serious about McDougling about a week ago I can sayI didn't feel any better until about day 4 but no pain since and I have more energy, Not as much as I would like but what can I expect of an old 70 year old body in a week. So what I am trying to say is hang in there. I plan too. Have a Great McDougall Day.
Ladybug

Postby happyalyssa » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:52 am

I just started McDougalling also (kind of a combo between the max. weight loss program and regular) and on my 2nd and 3rd days I ended up sleeping a lot. Last night I slept about 7 hours though instead of 10 on the previous nights so I'm thinking/hoping that my body is becomming accustomed to these changes I've made.

I'm sure caffeine has played a part in my change in sleeping. I was a big coffee junkie and to go from that to herbal tea probably surprised my body!
happyalyssa

Postby slugmom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:28 pm

If you're also quitting caffeine, that may cause major fatigue for more than a week.

But one other thing to consider is to make sure you're eating ENOUGH. If you're trying to eat tons of green leafy veggies but skipping the staple starches (with no oils/fats added) you might not be getting enough calories.

hth
kim
- Kim

slugmom

Hang in there!

Postby Nettie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:54 pm

Jamila, I can only encourage you to be patient: this, too, shall pass. I started McDougall in September, and I can honestly say I was sick every day for about 3 weeks. By sick I mean, feeling terrible when I woke up, feeling almost "hung over," with a headache that stayed with me throughout the day. Groggy; face was swollen, red eyes. My co-workers even remarked at how I looked like I was coming down with the flu or something. It took at least 3 weeks for me to detox, and, let me tell you, I was very faithful to the food plan. I drank lots of water, too, trying to wash that junk out of my body, but that horrible, run-over-by-a-truck feeling had to run its course. The more your body needs to detox, the longer it takes to recover. Finally, I woke up with no headache, energetic, feeling like I could jump up and click my heels together. Just stick to your food plan, eat plenty of healthy food (no sweets!), and you will be fine - better than fine - you'll soon be feeling great, I promise you. Just recognize this fatigue for what it really is: an indication of how badly you need to get the junk food out of your life and get healthy.
Keep us informed of your progress. I've lost over 50 pounds so far; so can you.
Nettie
Nettie

Postby margiereilly » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Jamila:

Keep with it! It is worth it. You will have a lot more energy as the pounds come off. Make sure you are eating enough. I have the Quick and Easy Cookbook by Mary McDougall and there are lots of quick recipes. One I like involves using corn tortillas to layer with pinto beans in a kind of lasagna like recipe. I think it is called Mexican lasagna.

Obtain those cup of soups from the store that are dried McDougall soups. I like the Thai Noodle and the Miso one a lot.

I made a really simple dessert with oats, flour, apples that is good from one of her cookbooks.

Make pizzas out of corn tortillas and pile with veggies.

Don't give up. It is an adventure and you are just at the beginning. I have been working at it for two years now.

Margie
margiereilly

If you have suddenly given up Coke or coffee you will feel

Postby veggiecat » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:19 pm

dreadful for a few days Keep going & you will feel much better!
Best wishes,Cat
veggiecat

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program