April 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: April 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby Mark Cooper » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:18 am

Miss Kim - See you in May! :)
Mark Cooper

Postby Ruff » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:53 pm

Hi Mark, I would like to join in, so will weigh this Friday (30th) for a starting weight for May. However I live in New Zealand and weigh at 5am each morning. This will make it before lunchtime on Thursday for the USA. Do I post anyway, or weigh on Saturday?

Katie.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby Mark Cooper » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:57 pm

Ruff wrote:Hi Mark, I would like to join in, so will weigh this Friday (30th) for a starting weight for May. However I live in New Zealand and weigh at 5am each morning. This will make it before lunchtime on Thursday for the USA. Do I post anyway, or weigh on Saturday?

Katie.

Welcome, Katie! Thanks for asking about this. If it isn't a problem for you, weighing and reporting on Saturday (your time) will help to keep all the reports grouped together. Thanks!
Mark Cooper

Postby Rebecka22 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:49 am

159.6 Weight change +/- in lbs: -3.8
1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. YES
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). YES
6. Eliminate any added oil. YES
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. YES
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: I had a good week following the checklist, and this time I was rewarded with losing last week’s gain plus some. Just working on staying focused and building momentum. There were moments when I wanted to stray, but it wasn’t as bad since it was a pretty regular week.
Rebecka22

Postby HoustonJason » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:07 am

From Houston Jason
April 23 = 206
April 30 = 206

Total = - 46 pounds

Weight change +/- in lbs: no change

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit No, most of the time.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. No, most of the time
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. No, this week I splurged a bit
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). No, I’m sure there was dairy / egg in that birthday cake I got from Cheesecake Factory…
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). No, I had a couple of avocados as well.
6. Eliminate any added oil. No, I had some store bought hummus
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. No I shared a slice of cake with my wife for my birthday.
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). No, I had a couple of beers at a little birthday get together
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes.
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). I jumped on the rebounder 6 out of 7 days and worked out extra time on it to try to make up for my "non-plan" celebratory eating.

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: As mentioned previously, I started in January with plans for a “reward” of a few days to celebrate my birthday. I definitely indulged. But I have to admit the anticipation of all those forbidden foods was as good as the food itself. When it got down to it, the avocados, hummus, pita chips, and chocolate cake weren't as amazing as I thought they'd be (well, the cake was). I worked out extra-hard to try to burn off the calories and came away with no gain and no loss this week. I got it out of my system and now I’m ready to continue shaving off these last 10-15 pounds. Thanks again for the forum to check in with. I think I would have gone more off track if I didn't have the check-in coming.

Original Weight = 252 on January 1, 2021 Jan. 8 = 244 Jan. 15 = 237 Jan. 22 = 234 Jan. 29 = 231 February 5 = 226 Feb. 12 = 225 Feb. 19 = 221 Feb. 26 = 219 March 5 = 218 March 12 = 212 March 19 = 210 March 26 = 210 April 2 = 209 April 9 = 207 Apr 16 = 207 Apr 23 = 206 Apr 30 = 206
HoustonJason

Postby GreenFroG » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:04 am

Weight change +/- in lbs: -0.6 lbs

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :thumbsup:
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. :thumbsup:
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :thumbsup:
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :thumbsup:
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). :thumbsup:
6. Eliminate any added oil. :thumbsup:
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :thumbsup:
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). :thumbsup:
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :thumbsup:
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). :thumbsdown:

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: Victories: Another half-pound down! Slow and steady. Missed a day of exercise this week, so didn't get all my thumbs up, but still lost some weight so I am happy. Comments: Thank you, Mark, for sharing your favorite go-to foods when dining out. That was helpful for me. I had not thought of eating my whole meal ahead of time so I can focus on socializing -- I was more focused on eating soup/salad or fruit ahead to curb the appetite. I am definitely going to try it. And eventually I am going to try bringing a sweet potato to the restaurant to put on my food -- just feel a little uneasy with this idea, so haven't branched out yet. Still learning!
GreenFroG

Postby texaslil » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:44 am

Weight change +/- in lbs:

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. HAD SOME WEDDING CAKE!
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). JUST A BIT OF AVOCADO AND TOFU
6. Eliminate any added oil. UNFORTUNATELY NOT ALL OF THE FOOD AT THE WEDDING WAS OIL FREE ALTHOUGH THERE WERE MANY VEGAN OPTIONS
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. HAD SOME BREAD
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). DID ENJOY A FEW ALCOHOL DRINKS DURING THE WEDDING FESTIVITIES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. FOR THE MOST PART
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). 5/7

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: APOLOGIES, AGAIN, FOR MISSING LAST WEEK'S CHECK-IN, IT HAS BEEN A BUSY TIME PREPARING FOR MY BROTHER'S BACKYARD REHEARSAL DINNER AND WEDDING. IT WAS SMALL BUT STILL A LOT OF ACTIVITY! THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS AND WHILE I HAD PLENTY OF VEGAN OPTIONS NOT ALL OF THE FOOD WAS OIL-FREE. GIVEN THIS, I WAS EXPECTING MUCH WORSE THAN 170.4 ON THE SCALE. I'LL TAKE IT! I HAVE BEEN NOTICING THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE WEEK IN THE MONTH THAT I ACTUALLY LOSE WEIGHT AND THAT IS GENERALLY THE WEEK AFTER MY CYCLE STARTS, WHICH HAPPENS TO BE THIS WEEK. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING SO MUCH WATER RETENTION? I LITERALLY CAN FEEL THE BLOAT FOR 3 WEEKS OUT OF THE MONTH. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THINGS I CAN DO TO CHANGE THIS?

I ALSO WONDER IF I SHOULD ONLY WEIGH-IN ONCE A MONTH IN ORDER TO AVOID THE CERTAIN DISILLUSIONMENT?

I DID HAVE MY ANNUAL PHYSICAL THIS WEEK AND DESPITE HOW MUCH I RESPECT AND LOVE MY FAMILY DOCTOR, SHE ESSENTIALLY CALLED MY NEW WOE AND THOSE DOCTORS THAT SUPPORT THIS WOE QUACKERY... IT WAS EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING AND ALL STEMMED FROM MY DESIRE TO REDUCE MY HYPOTHYROID MEDICATION DOSAGE. SOMETHING THAT SHE WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER. I IMMEDIATELY LOOKED ONLINE FOR A WFPB DOCTOR BUT ALAS NONE IN MY AREA..

AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION ON THESE POSTINGS!
texaslil

Postby Ruff » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 pm

just starting out in this group. so this is a starting weight.

starting weight 161.8 pounds

obviously I have not been doing MWL but I will do the check list just to see how I am at the start.

Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. NO

Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. NO

Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES

Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES

Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). NO

Eliminate any added oil. YES

Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. NO

Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES

Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don’t starve yourself and don’t stuff yourself
YES.

Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

I think my main problem is going to be my cups of tea. I drink weak Earl Grey tea with homemade cashew milk, just cashews and water. I have been checking the boxed milks and all the oat and rice milks have added oil. When I make oat milk it comes out slimy and I dont like homemade rice milk. The other snag is starting the meals with soup. Now I like soup but if I have it ...it IS the meal! Also its another thing to have to cook, and I cook everything from scratch. Salad...another thing to have to prepare, grate carrots, chop capsicum etc etc, plus washing up (no dishwasher) the extra things like the grater. I shall have to think through the ways of actually managing this. Other people manage so I can....but if it is too time consuming I simply won't do it and I need this to be able to work longterm!
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby cmcavazos » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: -.4# loss

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). NO
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. YES
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). NO

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:
Victories: A slight loss this week
Comments: I'm doing ok but need to avoid any tofu and raw sunflower seeds. I need to schedule exercise for the weekends.
Questions: None this week

See you again in May. Thank you so much for your support.
cmcavazos

Mark's Replies for April 30 - Part 1

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:18 pm

Rebecka22 - Excellent adherence and excellent results! Keep building that momentum, and you'll work your way into a really good groove. :nod:

HoustonJason - Considering this week included the planned birthday indulgences, it's great that you were able to hold steady. Very interesting observation that the "forbidden foods" didn't live up to the expectation, for the most part. Now that that is behind you, concentrate on the recommended pattern of behavior and those final pounds should resume dropping away. :D

GreenFroG - Another week, another .6 lbs! You've maintained that pace very consistently throughout the month. I'm glad you found the thoughts on dining out helpful; I totally understand that thinking about dining out within the paradigm of MWL is a new and unfamiliar viewpoint, and requires time, adjustment and experimentation. I'm still learning, too! :-D

texaslil - Heading back in the right direction, Laila! I'm sorry to hear that your experience with your doctor was so disappointing. We can't offer specific medical advice here, nor am I qualified to do so. Dr. McDougall's article discussing Hypothyroidism is in this newsletter, and may provide helpful information.
A Change in Diet Will Not Correct Hypothyroidism

Once the thyroid tissue is destroyed it will not regrow and I know of no way to stimulate the remaining gland to work harder.
. . .
Thyroid supplementation is one of the very few treatments I commonly prescribe.
In regard to increasing the pace of weight loss, my best advice is to focus on adhering as closely as possible to the recommended behaviors, as Jeff discusses in Why We Hit Plateaus and What We Can Do About Them

Ruff - You're over half way to full adherence already, Katie! In regard to using soup for a preload, I find it helpful to make a big pot of simple, non starchy vegetable soup that can last for several days (although I'm more of a salad lover, myself). Jeff's article On Salad, Soup, and Success includes some practical tips on the various ways soup might work within different contexts. Would having your cup of tea without any sort of milk be a possibility? You'll get everything figured out in a way that works for you, just take some time to really think things through and devise a routine of preparation that feels manageable. :)

cmcavazos - Down 2.6 pounds for the month, if I'm not mistaken! The most reliable way to avoid tofu and seeds is by removing them from the immediate environment, if that is feasible, or making them as difficult to reach toward and as easy to forget as possible. See you in May!
Mark Cooper

Postby connielovesdogs » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 pm

Last week: 165.3
This week: 166.1
Gain: .8 lbs

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. yes
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. No
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). No
6. Eliminate any added oil. No
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. No
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). No
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. No
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

Victories, struggles, questions, concerns:
I had a gain this week, which is absolutely no surprise given the behavior I engaged in with food. My challenge this week was 2 fold-I was on call for work and ended up getting less sleep than usual, including one night with no sleep at all. That really impacted my healthy decision-making capacity. So even though the majority of my choices over the past week were MWL; there were enough times when I fell into the pleasure trap. This was combined with letting myself get really hungry on quite a few occasions. Even though I managed most of those occasions well, it was not sustainable for how many times it happened. It is amazing what a difference it makes when you are making food choices when you are just mildly feeling hunger and when you are famished. On the victory front, I did get in a few good workouts and at least 30 minutes of walking every day. Sleep and exercise are both very heavily tied to my emotions and success. I believe I will have a handle on that in the coming week.
Concern: I will be in a 3 day training Monday to Wednesday next week that promises to be dry and boring, but is mandatory. It is in person training and I would not be surprised if people bring things like donuts and breakfast tacos. My plan for getting through the three days successfully is to make sure I get enough sleep each night, that I work out immediately after the training (I'd have to get up too early to do it before the training and that would sacrifice the sleep time), and that I give myself enough time in the morning for a hearty breakfast and prep time for a good lunch and snacks. See y'all next Friday in the May group with hopes for a successful post!
connielovesdogs

Postby squealcat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:10 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: +0.2

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.not always
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.no
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.didn't do well with this one
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).a couple slices of cheese
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).no
6. Eliminate any added oil.no
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.no
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).yes
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.no
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).walked my usual 5/7 days this week

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:This week didn't go like I wanted it to go. I still was lost in the pleasure trap despite my best intentions. Having good intentions is great but I know I have to actually DO something. :crybaby:

So, here I go again . I have my habit tracker all ready, salad "stuff" all cleaned and mostly chopped, potatoes cooked. I know I can do this as I have been in this place before. I look forward to reading all that our April group writes for this week. It always gives me things to think about.....and I have done a lot of thinking. I was trying to remember just what started this spiral of gains the past couple of weeks and I just don't really know for sure. I know some of it but there is something else. Maybe after the several weeks of losing weight I just started thinking the losses would, for sure, not continue. I also know that instead of thinking about just following the MWL guidelines, I began to think about getting those pounds off. The weight loss became the goal instead of health.
I need to change my thinking.

Anyway, please everyone just learn from me. Just follow the MWL guidelines and you will be just fine ! Really ! :nod:

-squealcat (Marilyn)
squealcat

Postby PonysPlants » Sat May 01, 2021 1:03 am

Down 0.4lbs this week. Small but I’ll take it. I’m just accepting that these last 5 ish pounds might not come off quite like I want them to.

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. YES found some salt less stock cubes for soups, too.
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES Easy. Vegan for life

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados,) YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily. NO. Only managed 6 of 7 days this week.

Forgot to report yesterday because I found out that I’m finally eligible to book my vaccine her in the UK and I got so excited I forgot to weigh myself. Ha!

Weight loss has been really slow the last couple of months but I’m really going to want to try to get these last 5-6 lbs gone. Some days I thin that maybe it’s not worth it but I didn’t come this far to only come this far! And if I lose the last 5 I’ll have lost 60lbs total. Not too bad!

Thanks Mark, as always for your absolutely fantastic support. I may have given up by now if it wasn’t for you!

Onwards to next week!

Naomi
PonysPlants

Postby Gimmelean » Sat May 01, 2021 8:20 am

Weight change +/- in lbs: +5.2 pounds

4/22/2021. 128
4/30/2021. 133.2

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes.

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume). Yes

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Yes.

4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). No- cream cheese

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). No- peanut and nut butter

6. Eliminate any added oil. Yes

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, popcorn. No -bread, cakes, popcorn, chocolate.

8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes

9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. No. Going back in the kitchen after dinner before bed led to very poor choices especially when I wasn’t really hungry. It’s a sneaky habit.

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking)Yes.

Victories, comments, concerns, questions. Eating just a small amount of non MWL compliant foods led to more and finally triggered a gain of 5.2 pounds this week. Reflecting on the past few months I’m amazed that this did not happen sooner. I’m trying to internalize how I managed to be vigilant during the winter when in past years I always had a gain between October and February and repeat it. I know exactly which foods and behaviors were not compliant. I’m going to resume keeping my written journal, stay out of the kitchen after dinner,follow the checklist, revisit the Pleasure Trap video and resources. I need to do my level best to reverse my self-talk to positive after an awful, no good, very bad week before it turns into a series.
Gimmelean

Postby chef16 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:47 am

04/24/2021 223#
04/30/2021 223#
no change 0

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.50%
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.50%
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.90%
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).100%
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).65%
6. Eliminate any added oil.100%
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.85%
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).90%
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.100%
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).65%

Many things in my life going on and many excuse! Not going to use any of them! :oops:
Doreen
chef16

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program