Cramp help.

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cramp help.

Postby Ruff » Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 pm

After the Mount Oxford race last month I took a few weeks off to rest, only doing short beach runs. Today I have done my first hill since the race. Not far and not too much climbing and not at all fast. I did about 5.5 miles, and about 1600 feet ascent and I walked the steep stuff, jogged the easy ups, and only ran the down.

Now I am really suffering with cramp. I was still eating salt when I did the race, I only stopped when I started MWL at the start of May. This is really painful and is in my bad leg (I suffer from foot drop and run with a leg brace, called a TurboMed). What to do? eat salt? Help!
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Re: Cramp help.

Postby Ruff » Wed May 26, 2021 11:32 am

Well, I had to go to bed and I was dreading it. I knew I would cramp everytime I stretched or rolled over....and then I would have to leap out of bed as I cannot stretch my foot by myself, as the muscles/tendons dont bring my toe towards my shin. The foot will go down but not back up. So to stretch out a cramp I have to get out of bed and lean forwards against a wall.

So I had salt and magnesium. And it did the trick. But what do plant based athletes actually do? Any help here would be really appreciated.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program