October 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

October 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby Mark Cooper » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:55 am

October 2021 RESOURCES
This section will be updated throughout the month with links to useful resources, as they are added to the thread.

Orientation Information for McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group
MWL 10-Point Checklist
MWL Program Guidelines
Calorie Density: How To Eat More, Weigh Less and Live Longer
MWL Recipes
SNAP Meal Template
1- 28 oz Can No Salt Added Tomatoes
1- 16 oz Bag Frozen Mixed Veggies (any type)
1- 4 oz Frozen Green Leafy Vegetables (collard, turnip, mustard, etc)
1- Around 200-250 Calories of a Cooked Starch (Brown rice, Yam, Potato, WW Pasta, etc)
1- Seasoning (to your preference)

200- 250 Calories Of Starch options
~ 1.25 to 1.5 Medium Potatoes
~ 1.25 to 1.5 Cups (Cooked) Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
~ 1 to 1.25 Cups (Cooked) Brown Rice

The Road to Success: Creating Healthy Habits
The Pleasure Trap: Dr. Doug Lisle at TedxFremont
How to Lose Weight Without Losing Your Mind with Dr. Doug Lisle
Dr. Doug Lisle on The Ego Trap
Dr. Doug Lisle: The Story of Willpower – What it Is & How it Works
Dr. Lisle's Three Top Tips for Dietary Success
Jeff Novick, RD - Nutrition & Health FAQ: Answers To The Most Asked Questions
A Review of the Rules & Guidelines for Reading Labels
Passive Overconsumption: The Unintended Intake of Excess Calories
Why We Hit Plateaus and What We Can Do About Them
Top 10 Reasons for Lack of Success
Dining Out and Travel Food
Exercise, Health & You: How Much Is Enough?
Optimum BMI? / Optimal BMI - redux
Building Self-Efficacy
You Are Not Broken
wildgoose - How I determined my "goal weight"
Amy's Giant List of Links to Dr. Lisle's Lectures
Mark Cooper

Re: October 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby kirstykay » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi there! I've been gone a long time, but I'd like to rejoin the group and commit to MWL for the at least the rest of 2021.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Mark Cooper » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:10 pm

kirstykay wrote:Hi there! I've been gone a long time, but I'd like to rejoin the group and commit to MWL for the at least the rest of 2021.

Welcome back! It is great to see you here! Everything you might need for the weigh-in & behavioral self-assessment tomorrow is included in the Orientation Information. See you soon! :D
Mark Cooper

Postby Rebecka22 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:16 am

147 Weight change +/- in lbs: -1 pound
1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. YES
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). YES
6. Eliminate any added oil. YES
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. YES
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:Today marks one year in this group and another successful week. I started at 203 pounds on October 1 of last year, was considered obese on the BMI chart, got down to overweight and now 145 is a healthy BMI which to be completely honest I had always thought wasn’t possible for my body, but is only two pounds away. Through time in this group I learned not only was it possible but it is realistic. Thank you for that! I am looking forward to continuing to see where I’m meant to be.
Rebecka22

Postby kirstykay » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:18 am

Wow, Rebecka! That's amazing!! Great job! I was here before and now I'm back. I've been gone for about a year, I think. In the same time you've lost all that weight, I've pretty much stayed the same (down about 10 pounds, maybe). What an inspiring first post to read as I'm just getting back here!

Weight: 176.5
This is my first day back on this plan, so I weighed in, but I'll consider this my starting weight. I am excited to be back.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Belana » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: -.6

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. n
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. y
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. y
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). y
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). y
6. Eliminate any added oil.
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. y
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). y
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. y
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). n

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: I'm not being as hard-core as I usually am with this diet. Nevertheless, I'm doing my best to stick to the guidelines and still managing to lose weight albeit, less per week.
I'm doing what I can in relation to what's going on in my current life. As long as I'm consistently losing weight every week, I'm fine with less weekly weight-loss for now.
It's been raining all week, so I haven't been able to get out for exercise, which makes it harder to lose weight.
Historically, I've always struggled to lose weight when I'm not exercising regularly.
Additionally, I'm not comfortable joining a gym because of Covid, so for now, I'm reluctant to use the gym as an exercise alternative.

If it wasn't for Covid, now that the weather is less favorable for outdoor activities, I'd be headed to a gym 3-4 days a week, but where I am is a hot spot for Covid, so joining a gym right now is extremely unappealing!
Figuring out how to exercise regularly will be a challenge.
Belana

Mark's Replies for October 1 - Part 1

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:37 pm

Rebecka22 - Big congratulations on your one year "anniversary" and for those awesome results! :D I really appreciate you taking the time to share the context of where you started, what you imagined was achievable, and where you are now. You are living proof of what diligent, thoughtful attention to behavior change can bring about! Onward!

kirstykay - Hi, Kirsty! It is always exciting to see an old friend! TODAY is always the best day to resume MWL. Use the MWL 10-Point Checklist as a guide for your daily behaviors, and I'm sure you'll have encouraging things it report in your self-assessment next Friday. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Belana - Nice progress! Like you, I'm not comfortable using a public indoor gym ( which was a daily activity for me before the pandemic). It has been a real adjustment, but between time outside when weather permits, in home calisthenics, and finding some workout videos that I enjoy, I have managed to make do. A couple of my personal favorite YouTube fitness channels: Heather Robertson & Caroline Jordan Fitness, just in case you want to give them a try. Wishing you sunny skies in the days ahead!
Mark Cooper

Postby Noella » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone!
A new month to choose wisely!

Weight Change: - 0.2

Current weight: 150.8 & BMI-22.5

Started Starch based: December 29, 2019: 240 lbs & BMI-36
Started MWL: April 1, 2020: 200 lbs & BMI-30
Goal Weight: 140 lbs & BMI-21
Height: 5’8.5”/174cm

1.Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes.
2.Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Yes.
3.Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.Yes.
4.Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).Yes.
5.Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).Yes.
6.Eliminate any added oil. Yes.
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.Yes.
8.Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes.
9.Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.Yes.
10. Exercise daily for thirty minutes (brisk walking). No, I didn’t do much exercise this week. Just twice.

I’ve been enjoying tasting so many new veggie flavours since starting to eat more vegetables with MWL. This week I had delicato squash it’s a winter squash and it’s delicious. I sliced it, scooped out the seeds, baked it in the oven then enjoyed eating it’s skin and all and it is a delicious food!

Inspiration: Here is Choosing Wisely- https://youtu.be/FqQ-JuRDkl8 - it's a parody of the Pharrell Williams song Happy - It reminds us to choose wisely when it comes to making healthcare decisions and that if you choose wisely it will make you happy. It aligns with some MWL guidelines.LYRICS AND VIDEO PRODUCTION by James McCormack (he teaches pharmacy at University of British Columbia Medical School).

Have a happy healthy week of choosing wisely,
Noella
Last edited by Noella on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noella

Postby cmcavazos2 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:11 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: -.6# loss

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. YES
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. YES
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. YES
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). YES
6. Eliminate any added oil. YES
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. YES
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). YES
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:
Victories: a small loss this week - I was able to stay on track with the guidelines. I did not experience any cravings. I've tried to re-invent meal leftovers for the following day to cut down on meal preparation. Less time in the kitchen is best for me!
Questions & concerns: none this week
Comments: Thank for reminding me that I have had a 2# loss this month. I'm about 10 pounds from a healthy BMI. I feel confident that I can get there even if it is a small loss each week. I am blessed with patience -- usually. I am very grateful that by following the 10 guidelines I am able to record small losses -- even more so that I have not experienced a gradual gain in my weight as the months pass. I have medical checkups every 6 months, so it is my goal to weigh less each time I go for my checkup. I hope one day to not dread having to step on the scale at the doctor's office and to have my weight in the normal range.

Thanks for your encouragement and support. Ready for October!
cmcavazos2

Postby Health 1st » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:48 pm

Noella, thank you so much for sharing the lyrics + the video link to the parody--wow--so good! I'm glad I 1st read the lyrics + then watched. I really liked the statement across the screen at the end of the song, "Choosing wisely will make you happy." How true! Such a good, timely reminder especially with the valley I've been walking in too much lately with my eating.

...if I haven't said it before, "Congratulations!!!" on your wonderful weight loss success! :nod:

I just bought a variety of hard winter squashes, including the delicata, + am looking forward to eating it, too, including the skin.
Health 1st

Postby Gimmelean » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:27 am

Weight change +/- in lbs: -.04

9/24/2021 127
10/01/2022 126.6

1.Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes. Having a big pot of vegetable soup prepared once a week to heat a portion as needed is a big help.

2.Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Yes.

3.Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.Yes

4.Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).Yes

5.Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).Yes

6.Eliminate any added oil. Yes. Air fried no oil everything! Including veggies.

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes. No need for them with whole grain, filling foods.

8.Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes

9.Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes. I did eat more servings of the “right” foods without overeating. Not only felt great, but also lost weight and didn’t need to head back to the kitchen at night.

10.Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). Yes. The C25K app, daily walks if it’s not raining sideways,and two virtual workouts a week have replaced my gyms too.

Victories, comments, concerns,questions:
I lost .04 pounds this week. While it may not seem like much to many people, to me it represents a 180 change in my mindset, approach, and results. Mark, you ALWAYS know how to respond in a way that helps me without guilt or judgement. When you found the positives in my journals the last few weeks, after a generally frustrating, non compliant month and commented that appetite and amounts will correct themselves in time by eating the right things, I was a bit skeptical-starting with a hmmm -maybe he’s right to -that’s exactly what I needed to do to change my thinking because it works -realization. (That had to be the longest run-on sentence ever).
Here’s to a strong October to everyone and thank you for your ideas, wisdom, and inspiration. Dancing to Noella’s song!
Gimmelean

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi to the Group!

Weight change - 1.2 loss
Current weight - 131.4 lbs.
Last Week weight - 132.6 lbs.

1 Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Sometimes - definitely room for improvement. I had a gazpacho that I used to preload every lunch in the summer. Haven't found a great replacement yet - most of my "go-to" soups are too starchy for preload. Love fruit or salad option, just sometimes have as part of the 50/50.

2 Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
Choose fruit for dessert.
Yes, had 2 "misses" here where I ate starch heavy. Still going for 100% for next week.

3 Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Yes

4 Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES, of course. :D

5 Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Yes

6 Eliminate any added oil. Yes! I do not add oil and only have this if eating out.

7 Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. No. Have not completely tamed my after dinner snacking on pretzels 100%. Tried with having veggie rice soup -- which didn't hit the spot / change the behavior. For this week. going to have no-fat bean dip and use that + raw veggies.

8 Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes

9 Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes.

10 Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
YES!!! :D Finally back on track. 5 of 7 days for this week and already started out the "new" week right!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Today marks 5 month for me of following MWL checklist. :) I have lost 27.4 lbs. in this time period and feel 1000X better - more energy (physical and mental), less minor aches and pains, clearer skin, more positive mental outlook. I have "passed by" 2+ pant sizes to the point where I finally feel comfortable in jeans again. One habit that I started with working remotely (due to COVID) - was wearing yoga pants every day... Now, I am on to "new rule" of always wearing pants that do not have an elastic waistband!! :shock:

For coming week, I am going to focus on: 1) continuing exercise habit (and it is supposed to rain, I have proper gear!), 2) 100% compliance with 50/50 plate and 3) changing my post-dinner snacking behavior (eat compliant food only!!)...

Notes to members:
* Rebecka --- your post was awesome!! Yay, you!! Very inspiring for anyone who reads it!!
* Kirstykay --- Welcome!!
* Belana --- I am with you (and Mark) on not wanting to exercise in gym right now. Hope you find a good alternative! So many "virtual" types of classes out there now. I got some corny old DVD's from Amazon - like Walk Away the Pounds and Jane Fonda workout...
* Noella --- thanks so much for sharing that link! What a fun (and true) song! Love it!
*Cmcavos ---sounds like you are doing great!! I like how you mention patience. I also am happy with small but steady losses.
*Health 1st --- enjoy your squash!!!
*Gimmelean --- way to go!! Hope you are enjoying the C25K!!

Thank you for this group!! Hope that everyone has an excellent week!!!

Best,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Health 1st » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:00 pm

Weight change +/- in lbs: + 3.2 (Had been up 8 earlier in the week.)

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.----No.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.----The days I was "on", I had 50/50.
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.----Some good days + some bad.
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).----Had dairy some days.
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).----Had in-shell peanuts 2 times this week.
6. Eliminate any added oil.---Some days good, others not.  The added oils were in store-bought items.  I don't have any cooking/eating oil or margarine in the house.
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.----No.  Had flour products some days.
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).----100% success...whoo-hoo, finally a category on the checklist I succeeded at 100%!
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.----Unfortunately this past week had several days of thinking, "I'll re-start tomorrow.".  Because of this, I did get stuffed at times because don't you know, I just had to finish up some bad "foods".
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).----7 out of 7 days of walking as fast as I could for a good 20+ minutes.  Some days it was a 20+ minute walk plus walking as I shopped for 15-45 minutes.  Pain + discomfort still limit the speed at which I can walk, but have made made vast improvements, thank God!

In the last few hours I have had an epiphany, + because of it am very excited about my future MWL journey, + have great hope that I will be successful so that I finally conquer my too often horrible patterns of behavior when it comes to eating, my morbidly obese body weight, + my very scary declined health. But 1st...

Last week I truly thought I'd start/re-start as I said I would. So I had some days of basically 100% compliance only to have others that were basically totally off-plan.

I am not willing to give up this fight. I was exposed to + successfully followed Dr. McDougall's way of suggested eating decades ago. I have tried other things (still all vegetarian) from that time, but I still keep coming back to the belief that Dr. McDougall's recommendations are the best + the most doable for a lifetime.

So I have found my "home", my anchor of how I will eat. And a few months ago, as some of you know, I went whole-heartedly into following MWL + with great success. I was not perfect, as I did at times have rice (+ corn) cakes, no-oil whole wheat bread (+ 1 time sesame seeds in + around the bread), + no-oil fake meat as part of birthday celebrations. But other than that, going from my memory now, I did not consume any non MWL items.

So when my slip started, 9/4, it was with potato chips + a vegan BOCA burger (no bread) for Labor Day + I got right back on track. My weight went up 1 day, but was back to the original weight the day after.

But then I let the fact that I had the potato chips + BOCA burger "eat" away at me...falling into that perfection mentality was my biggest downfall...my old trusted enemy showed up + I slowly but surely bought the 'ole lie hook, line, + sinker.

In the last 24 hours I carefully read the MWL Orientation + MWL Guidelines again. I have deeply thought + prayed about everything. This may seem stupid, + I can see how many could think, "Duh--wasn't this obvious from the beginning?!". But sadly, no. The main thing is that it all came together now, + now I feel like I can long-term successfully move forward in my MWL journey.

Oh boy, I have to post this in 10 minutes, so I hope I convey this well.

As I've mentioned in the past, crazy but true, I have dealt with a perfection mentality with my eating--it does not make sense as I am the 1st to say that I am not a perfect person, nor will I ever be this side of heaven. But yet why do I think I can be eat perfectly ALL the time? (Please know I am NOT saying this as a license to eat off-plan!)

So even though I wasn't 100% MWL when I started 7/13/21, I at least still ate pretty much healthy things--not chips, cheese, cake, etc.. So I was able to mentally handle those things because I also never over-ate them. Again, not saying it was okay as it was not MWL...this is probably more wordy than it could have been had I written sooner + could have edited--I apologize.

Anyway, I now realize that what Dr. Lisle has said for years really applies to me. If I'm going 100% strong, great! But at times when I slip, it's okay to be the tortoise + not the hare. So in essence I will no longer be on-plan or off-plan. This is what I do. I eat + follow the MWL Guidelines....sometimes not perfectly, but that is a part of life.

Not proofread.
Health 1st

Reporting for October 1 Weigh-In is now CLOSED

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:02 pm

The window for reporting this week's weigh-in and behavioral results has officially closed.

The remainder of my replies and the weekly summary will follow.
Mark Cooper

Postby Health 1st » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:21 pm

P.S. Still haven't read/proofread what I just posted above, but I just wanted to add that I ordered a microwave. We haven't had 1 for probably at least 20 or more years. My main reason for ordering it is so that I can nuke potatoes so that, no matter how crazy busy + demanding my schedule is (+ it is!), I can always have a delicious + healthy potato within 10 minutes. I also plan to nuke veggies so that I can have 50/50 plates + bowls.

Last night I drove a couple towns away to a store that sells cans of no salt added sliced beets, sliced carrots, + spinach. By tomorrow I plan to get to Wal-Mart to buy cans of no salt added green beans, + bags of frozen kale, broccoli florets, cauliflower, + Potatoes O'Brien.

In the last couple days I bought an array of hard winter squashes, 1 bag of Russets, 2 bags of Yukon Golds, bell peppers, red + green cabbages, fresh onions + garlic, organic salad greens, organic grapes, organic bananas, + some new Sistema containers to have food prepped.

I was not kidding when I said I am planning on succeeding...I know at times it'll be a rocky road (lol--yeah, like the ice cream), but I am willing to fight hard to not ever again have such a lapse.

Also, I cannot guarantee because of time constraints + lack of great Internet access, but starting Monday, 10/4, I'm hoping to do the 10 point checklist daily (sans weighing) in my journal.

Thank you, Mark, Jeff, wildgoose, all fellow MWL Participants, + of course Dr., Mary, + Heather McDougall (not that I think they read this, but I am still very grateful to them!)! :)
Health 1st

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program