Compliance check on wrap

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Compliance check on wrap

Postby lucidguppy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:06 am

I'm trying to get pretty close to MWL program and have missed my Novick veggie burgers. I just made these wraps so I don't have to use bread.

https://www.powerhungry.com/2018/05/1-ingredient-red-lentil-tortillas-grain-free-vegan/

Since they're just pureed lentils I thought they would be compliant. On the other hand they're now more processed.

Still eating lots of vegetables per meal - but would these wraps be compliant to wrap around my burgers?
lucidguppy

Re: Compliance check on wrap

Postby JeffN » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:43 pm

There is only one way to know exactly and it is to do an experiment, weighing the products before making the recipe then again weighing it once prepared. Someone in the 12 day alumni group said they were going to do this but hasn’t to date.

However, we can also estimate.

Most tortillas, whether made from corn or wheat are around 900- 1000 cal/lb. Considering that beans/lentils tend to be a little higher then whole grains/cereals in calorie density, my guess is the tortillas will be around 900-1100 cal/lb.

In the old days, tortilla’s were allowed on MWL, but I think that was due to personal preference and not calorie density. We removed them a few years back but some still like to follow the old guidelines. :)

Hope that helps
Jeff
JeffN

Re: Compliance check on wrap

Postby lucidguppy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:02 am

Thanks Jeff!

I'll avoid making tortillas then. I want to reach my goals.
lucidguppy

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program