December 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: December 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby JeffN » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:27 am

Greetings all!

Congratulations on a great 2021!

Here is the post with the info on the new group guidelines

https://www.drmcdougallforums.com/viewt ... 11&t=62074

Here’s to a great 2022!

Jeff
JeffN

Postby BambiS » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:28 am

Weight change +/- in lbs:
Weight 12/31 -1.9

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.y
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.y
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.y
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).y
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).y
6. Eliminate any added oil.y
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.y
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).y
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.y
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).y

Victories, comments, concerns, questions

Happy New Year everyone!

I got a spice rack, a slicer that quickly slices vegetables, and one of those toaster air fryers for Christmas. These are so helpful for making meals.

Clothes are getting loose now! I can sew, so I will take them in. I’m looking forward to a successful new year.

.first weigh in start date 11/7 215.3
Total lost - 18.00
BambiS

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:53 am

BambiS - Happy New Year! The new and current group thread is here. Be sure to check out the revised orientation, and Jeff's explanation of how the group will be proceeding into the coming year.
Mark Cooper

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program