Off Topic thread for Behavioral Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Off Topic thread for Behavioral Group

Postby moonlight » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:38 am

carwex wrote:2. It is a more intimate group.
3. I don't believe that the tone in the off-topic is the same as the Time and Adherence group. It is more free flowing. Discussions are less specific about the 10 points. There is no leader. (WE LOVE MARK AND YOU, DONT GET ME WRONG) But a group with a leader has a completely different dynamic than a group where everyone has the same status.
4. There ARE off-topic discussions in the off-topic group: around gardening, recipes, keeping warm, family, more questions directed towards other members. They can be considered off-topic in that we often do not discuss them in the Time and Adherence group. Which leads to another question: what topics do you mean by off-topic?

Hi All,

I'll chime in and say I agree with Carol on the above topics regarding this thread. I feel that we can speak more freely about just checking in and chatting about our day/week. I feel that these entries would clutter the MWL monthly thread.

That said, I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this community. I'm sure the management of this site is enormous. Whatever helps the moderators will work for me. I think using https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=52 journals forum may be a good solution to feeling like some of our posting is more off-topic than we feel comfortable in the monthly thread. I have enjoyed using that space in the past. I am trying not to post as much as before, but I do like checking in with others in the smaller group. :D
moonlight

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:25 pm

:cool:
Last edited by VegSeekingFit on Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby carwex » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:17 am

Dear Goose,
Thanks so much for your suggestion.I think it is exactly what is needed.
And it's nice to be heard.
Carol
carwex

Postby JeffN » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:47 am

Thanks to everyone who has posted and commented.

We are reading them all and in an ongoing discussion.

In health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Noella » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:36 pm

JeffN wrote:Greetings Everyone! After much consideration and discussion, we have decided to close this thread on 2/28. Here is why...
1) In the two months of this group, we have not seen any post or discussion that we would consider “off-topic” from the "Time & Adherence: The Behavioral Path to MWL Success" thread. Any posts related to the MWL program from anyone in the monthly group belong in the monthly group thread as they would only enhance the value of the Monthly group. The monthly group is not just for weekly check-ins but a place for the group members to share and discuss their experiences and support each other. As Mark said this morning in the monthly thread, "... since the substance of the discussion seems quite pertinent to our focus, and some helpful observations and anecdotes are being shared. I think seeing that discussion would benefit the whole group."

Unless anyone objects, I will merge the existing posts from this group by month into the respective monthly MWL thread.

Thanks for your understanding and your ongoing participation and contributions to the board.

Jeff

Hi Everyone,

I agree with Jeff, and I favour combining the two threads. I thank you, Jeff, for offering to merge all of the existing off-topic posts into the MWL thread, though, so these are not lost. Thank you. I enjoy going to the MWL Time and Adherence forum once or twice a week and lingering over everyone's comments for an hour or two. I hear your decision as an invitation for us all to be ourselves and to openly and fully support one another within the Time and Adherence thread -- that's what it is all about, right? Thank you so much to everyone for such wonderful camaraderie on the MWL journey.

Best regards,
Noella
Last edited by Noella on Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Noella

Postby squealcat » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:57 pm

If the two threads are combined then we can all make it feel family-like by posting there like we all have on this "Off Topic " thread. It is up to us to make it feel that way. I will be posting there this week and look forward to all the great input of this group ! Encouraging each other is what we do ! I certainly need it ! :nod:

See all of you in March ! :)

Squealcat (Marilyn)
squealcat

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:57 pm

squealcat wrote:It is up to us to make it feel that way. I will be posting there this week and look forward to all the great input of this group ! Encouraging each other is what we do ! I certainly need it ! :nod:

See all of you in March ! :)

Squealcat (Marilyn)

Yes, agree 100%... This is where participants have to step up to make a community. I will post too and hope others do as well!!!
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby JeffN » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:56 am

I just want to say thanks to everyone who posted for all the comments and discussions in response to my recent post.

Yes, the MWL thread will be what we make it and as a result of the discussions, there will be some changes to it so everyone feels more comfortable with the monthly Time and Adherence thread.

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone in the March Time and Adherence thread!

Jeff

PS our PM’s are always open :)
JeffN

Postby JeffN » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:24 am

PS: I am going to merge many of the above posts into the current March Time and Adherence thread. However, I am going to wait till the first check-in to see who will be joining in as I don't want to move the posts of those not participating.

If you do not want your posts moved, either let me know in a PM or just post it here.

Jeff
JeffN

Postby Daydream » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:12 pm

JeffN, am I able to occasionally post in "The Behavioral Path to MWL Success" monthly group even though I'm not an official member there? I want to respect all forum rules. It's fine with me if you move any of my posts.
Daydream

Postby JeffN » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:25 am

Daydream wrote:JeffN, am I able to occasionally post in "The Behavioral Path to MWL Success" monthly group even though I'm not an official member there? I want to respect all forum rules. It's fine with me if you move any of my posts.

Hi Daydream,

Unfortunately, we keep the Time & Adherence group just for those on MWL and committed to following the 10 point checklist.

Perhaps the maintenance support group would work, or the journal section where some of the same posters in the Time & Adherence group keep active journals.

Thanks for understanding!
Jeff

PS Anderson soups are great! ;) I just add more veggies.
JeffN

Postby Daydream » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:05 am

JeffN wrote:PS Anderson soups are great! ;) I just add more veggies.

JeffN, I love Anderson soups too and I also add more veggies to them--so easy! I found out about them from you, so thank you for posting about that.
Daydream

Postby JeffN » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:49 am

Greetings

Now that we have finished our first check-in on the March T&A Group, I have moved the posts of those in the March group over to the March group. Due to the time stamps on the moved posts, they will appear at the top of the March thread, even before Marks opening post.

If you have any questions or comments, just let me know.

Jeff
JeffN

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program