Question About Certain Products

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Elaine19803 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:19 pm

I'm new here, but have been following Chef AJ, and understand this way of eating, and am ready to get back to it. However, I have a question about some products. There are some vegan salad dressings, by Walden Farms, and they are supposedly fat free, but I'm not sure this is true. Are these OK to use, or not? Also, what about stevia? I use it in my coffee and my herbal tea.

Thank you!
Elaine19803

Re: Question About Certain Products

Postby ch47gunnergirl » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:40 pm

You might get more responses if you indicate which of Walden's dressings, in particular, you are interested in. I looked at the balsamic vinaigrette and from my novice review of the label, the only thing that might be concerning is the salt (sodium content). If you are looking for a dressing that (I believe) is very compliant, I love the 18 yr aged balsamic from this company (https://www.floridaoliveoil.com/product ... egar-12oz/). You really only need a tiny amount for a full salad, the vinegar is thick like a syrup. There isn't anything else other than vinegar in it.
ch47gunnergirl

Postby Mark Cooper » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:11 pm

The best method for evaluating a packaged product, including condiments, is by using Jeff Novick's Rules & Guidelines for Reading Labels.
Mark Cooper

Re: Weight maintenance--an unexpected problem

Postby Lzs » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:34 pm

I do not like snacking but like my 3 meals a day. My problem is eating dinner late because I like going to bed feeling full. Is that a bad habit?

Lisa
Lzs

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program