The Behavioral Path to MWL Success - May 2022 Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mark's Replies for May 27 - Part 2

Postby Noella » Sat May 28, 2022 7:19 pm

Mark Cooper wrote:It is very kind of you to ask, and I really appreciate the well-wishes. My health is pretty excellent, apart from my CRPS/RSD. My pain is fairly well-managed, but it requires quite a lot of exercise therapy, and I do still have some tough days. Unfortunately, CRPS has no known cure at present, and although I am sure my dietary patterns help me (particularly the anti-inflammatory nature of our diet), it is one of those uncommon diseases for which the McDougall diet doesn't seem to be a cure-all. That said, I'm much more mobile and physically able than many of those afflicted with my condition. I'm very much aware that I'm in something of a constant battle against potential dystrophy, so I take my exercise regimen VERY seriously. The "fringe benefit," I guess, is that I'm in excellent physical condition, otherwise, I can even do handstands now! Thanks again for your kind regards.

Dear Mark,
I'm so pleased to hear that your pain with CRPS is manageable. I hope that your excellent effort with diet, exercise and lifestyle will lead you to complete remission. I'm so proud of you for your willingness to improve your health and maintain a positive attitude that provides the basis for you to see the 'silver lining' of fringe benefits for all of your efforts. I am impressed to hear that you have mastered doing handstands. That takes superior physical strength and determination. You are such an inspiration and example of what is possible when there is focus on what is within our control for healing. Thank you for being steadfast; it's encouraging to all of us. You are my hero. Thank you!

Best regards,
Noeleen
Noella

Re: The Behavioral Path to MWL Success - May 2022 Group

Postby Noella » Sat May 28, 2022 7:43 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am so impressed with this group! Thank you, everyone! I just read and then re-read everyone's posts for this week. What wonderful ideas. Thank you to everyone for the wisdom that you all shared. I am inspired to do my best with a positive attitude and some encouraging self-talk. MWL isn't a chore. It's a choice! Let's all choose to keep our focus on the guidelines and steadily improve our health. Have a wonderful week! I'm hoping to see you all in the June thread!

Noeleen
Noella

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program