MWL

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

MWL

Postby mrspotatohead57 » Fri May 06, 2022 5:27 pm

Glad to see that there are still people here on the boards. I'm on MWL on FB, but not really a fan of the place. I only have an acct because of work.

But, like Jeff, I prefer this format so I'll try to come by more often. Maybe we can start our own little party here! :-D

I was on starch solution for about 6 months last year, but gained weight (about 20 pounds added to my already 40 pounds overweight) so went back (a little) to SAD.

I'm pretty sure I gained because I was eating too much fruit and too much starch, and I was probably eating high fat foods too. In other words, I was sloppy, lol ;-)

I also have autoimmune thyroid (have had it since a teenager) and I'm also in perimenopause, so maybe it was the hormone fluctuations and thyroid needing to be adjusted, etc. Not sure.

So to fix this:

* I'm going to get my levels checked again next week
* have already started back, only this time on MWL and
* I'm tracking my intake on Cronometer for at least a month, while also paying attention to ONLY eat when I'm hungry and to STOP when I believe that I"m full.

I have no issues at all giving up meat, but was really loving the peanut butter and the cheese. (not together of course, that's gross, lol).

Day 3 on MWL and all is good. The cravings have hit (they always do for me on day 3), but I've focused on drinking more water and only tea in the evening and keeping my hands and mind otherwise occupied.
mrspotatohead57

Re: New Discussion Board Issues

Postby mrspotatohead57 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:34 am

Nearly a week now and so far so good!

Keeping everything simple and loving the food. :-D
mrspotatohead57

Re: MWL

Postby Chumly » Mon May 30, 2022 7:13 pm

Welcome! I hope you keep posting! I will be joining the MWL group in June. I do better when I have support.

Michael
Chumly

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program