The Behavioral Path to MWL Success - June 2022 Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: The Behavioral Path to MWL Success - June 2022 Group

Postby squealcat » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:06 pm

Thank you Stephanie for bringing up the discussion of MWL vs the regular McDougall program. I needed to get clear on a few things and this was very helpful. I liked Jeff's description of the MWL program as a MHP (maximum health program) . Never heard him talk about that before. I have been re-reading the Starch Solution and am finding it to be a good read once again. I always learn something new !

I know someone personally who has CRPS and she had a very miserable year or so with it and still has bad times once in a while. She got an implantable pain control device but doesn't need to use it all the time now. She also uses exercise and nutrition to help with her pain (although not McDougall ).

Anyway, I will be re-reading all of this and continue to do MWL. Thanks to all !

-squealcat
squealcat

Postby BambiS » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:56 am

6-24

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.mostly, or had a lot of extra salad

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Yes

4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
Yes, not an issue here

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
Yes, no problems

6. Eliminate any added oil.
Yes

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes

8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes, no problem

9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself, yes

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).most days, got a few walks in before the humidity and heat arrived, otherwise rode my cubii

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: the Celtic festival was great, also a beautiful day. I don’t get out to do much do to my husband being immunocompromised. I resisted any temptations there, brought a banana with me.I lost -1 this week, only 1 1/2 lbs away from 50 lb loss!
BambiS

Postby CindyD » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:13 am

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Yes

2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Yes

3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Yes

4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES

5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). No, I had some pumpkin seeds.

6. Eliminate any added oil. No, my hummus and one salad dressing had some oil. I have tried one hummus without and it was terrible. I am planning to get a Nutribullet to make my own, but probably not until after I move. I did get some Well Your World SOS free dressing.

7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes

8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes, though, I drink some Spindrift drinks, which are mostly carbonated water but with 7-17 calories of fruit juice depending on the flavor. This helps me drink more liquids because I have a hard time drinking water sometimes.

9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. No, I ate when I wasn't hungry a few times. Compliant food, though.

10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily Yes

I missed the last two weeks reporting and having a bit of struggle staying on track this time around with MWL, as noted above. The world is kind of a mess, isn't it? I won't dwell on most of that, except to say I moved into an apartment for the first time in 20 years last year, and it's been a big adjustment, but now with my $200/mo rent increase notice, I am going to have to move again. So, in addition to {gestures at everything}, that is pretty sucky and was probably involved in some of my non-compliant choices. I try to remind myself I am lucky compared to a lot of people.

On the other hand, I'm really sticking to mainly compliant food (or at least regular McDougall compliant, which is so much better than my pre-June 2020 life!). And I have lost about 8 pounds in my switch to MWL over the last couple months, though I'm still working toward 100% MWL compliance.
Thanks so much to wildgoose for stepping in (and also in general)!
CindyD

Postby Rebecka22 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:33 am

1.Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. NO
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. NO
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. NO
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). YES I am committed to this one so it’s easier for me.
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). NO
6. Eliminate any added oil. NO
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. NO
8. Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). NO
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. YES
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). YES

This week was bad and I am not on the other side yet. The beginning of the week I was thrown off with stress that led to stress eating and bad choices, then I got back on track but it didn’t last. My niece tested positive for Covid Sunday and my three-year-old who we’ve managed to keep Covid free until the day before she could finally get vaccinated woke up with a high fever. She tested positive in the morning and me the next morning then my husband after that. This has been HARD on us and it just seems to keep knocking us down. Our other kids have stayed safe and will stay away until we are better. While this week has been mostly no’s I look forward to being able to get back to it when I can. I have continued to try and do something like go for a walk each day, but not sure if that’s helpful or not.
Rebecka22

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi Everyone, :-D

1 Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
:) Yes. Still usually salad / raw veggies, but a few times fruit.

2 Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
Choose fruit for dessert.
:) Yes.
Had a busier than normal week - so kept it even simpler than normal. Mainly soup, salad / veggies, fruit, potato, rice, Jeff burgers. Just plated the 50% starch and 50% veggie / fruit. All was fine with this approach from a taste perspective... :) Was good practice for preparing meals on autopilot with limited extra time.

3 Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
:) Yes, reduced not eliminated. I did have 1 TB BBQ sauce a couple of times with the potato slices / Jeff burger. SO, that is sugar - but I did measure it and it was the only sugar this week.

4 Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
YES, of course. :D

5 Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
:D YES, YES, YES!! I say it so many times because I had a really rough patch one night where I had to crowd out my inner toddler voice that was bargaining that maybe I should just eat my problem item (forever and maybe I could limit it which my rational side knows is not possible for me). I am really trying to get to 90 days of NONE of the problem item - to do the experiment that cravings will be completely extinguished. So far, I have 18 days 100% clean. Except for that instance, this seems to be getting a bit easier --- meaning that I didn't eat it and didn't have to actually plate a compliant snack each night (did do that on first 2 days of week).

6 Eliminate any added oil.
:nod: YES.

7 Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes, puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
:D Yes. See #5.

8 Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
:) Yes.

9 Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.
:) Yes. I didn't stuff or starve.

10 Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Yes. :)
* 7/7 days walked briskly
* Still walking AM's to avoid the heat and short walks at lunch
* Averaged 12.4K steps / day

Victories, comments, concerns, questions:

A million thank you's to Wildgoose, Mark, and Jeff for answering my questions / providing information which really helped me 100% to re-align my thoughts on my own Motivation / Rationale and to develop a list of non-scale victories (that I want to maintain!)... Also, additional progress that I would like to make. My top non-scale victory is that I usually feel energetic, calm, focused, positive... :)

Rebecka22 - Hope that you and your family all are feeling better and better each day. So sorry to hear that you are dealing with this.

CindyD - I am with you 100% on "the world"... and enough said -- but fellow person here who is trying to carry on in a positive way - given all of the disturbing (to say the least) happenings...

BambiSCongrats on your awesome progress!!!! :D [/b]

Squealcat - Hope that you are able to be out of town and enjoying!! I 100% found the comments clear and helpful --- just to say, I am happy for all of the folks who follow the Regular plan successfully.... I needed to re-ground myself a bit of which plan that I choose to follow and why.

Keep going, all... We can all have good or not as great weeks, but we know what to do (because we have great help right here!)... I am going to chill out by watching the firefly show that will start around 8:30PM... It is pretty awesome!!! Can't decide whether to listen to some Rage Against the Machine or Aretha Franklin.... :lol:

Hope that everyone has a wonderful week!!

Best,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Postby Artista » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:27 pm

1) Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.  Yes I managed to do this at every meal but it’s still the one that’s least automatic for me.

2) Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for desert.  Yes

3) Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts.  This includes gourmet sugars and salts too.  If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.  I think so but maybe not. I’ve been using 1 tsp of white miso occasionally when making a salad dressing. It has 125 mg of sodium in 1 tsp. and 20 calories. I watched Jeff’s recent presentation on label reading and he recommended for condiments to keep it under 4:1 for sodium to calories. So I think I should probably avoid the miso from now on.

4) Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).   Yes.

5) Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Yes

6) Eliminate any added oil. Yes. I always dry sauté and don’t really eat processed foods that might have hidden oil.

7) Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes

8 ) Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes

9) Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full.   Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Yes

10) Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). 6/7 I missed one day of exercise again this week. Sometimes I think if I don’t get to it in the morning, I’ll just do it later in the day. That never seems to work though, so I just need to make a point of exercising earlier in the day. Before breakfast works best, especially now that it is so hot outside, if I want to walk, I need to do it first thing.

Victories, comments, concerns, questions: Mark, thank you so much for your comments last week. I found those really helpful, especially the suggestions for ways to use the Instant Pot. I hadn’t thought about using the delay timer before! I like your comment that the least effortful way to do meal prep might not always be the fastest.

It was a pretty good week even though not a perfect week as far as hitting all 10 of the guidelines every day, I feel like I’m making progress. I had lab work done recently and my cholesterol has come down 10 points but was still in the borderline high range. The disconcerting part was that the reduction in total cholesterol was all from HDL. So the ratio of HDL to LDL is worse than it was before. I had a few moments there when I thought maybe I’m on the wrong diet, but I love how I eat and how I feel and I think the numbers will eventually sort themselves out. I’ve been looking at Jeff’s posts on cholesterol and saw where he recommended eating more BYOB & B (Beans, Yams, Oats, Barley and Berries). Other than the barley, those are all foods I eat regularly. I’ll look for hulled barley next time I’m out shopping. I did bump the beans up to include them at breakfast as well as at lunch and dinner. Whether it’s concern about weight or health issues, I keep coming back to “time and adherence” and that’s exactly where I want to be.
Artista

Re: Hennie's MWL Journal

Postby Noella » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:56 am

Hello Everyone!

1. Start each meal with soup and/or salad, and/or fruit. Yes: a piece of fruit (apple) was convenient most times this week :-D
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals. Yes. :-D
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can stop them. Yes: :-D
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Yes: :-D
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Yes: :-D
6. Eliminate any added oil. No: :( oil was added to a one-dish meal my daughter served for lunch yesterday: it was vegan, whole grain, organic and perfect for following MWL except for the added olive oil. I ate a small amount as it was the only food served, and no other options were available on an outdoor patio. It was an unpleasant experience; I'm not too fond of oil added to my food. :(
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods, including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Yes: :-D
8. Don’t drink calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Yes :-D
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself, and don't stuff yourself. Yes. :-D
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). Yes! :-D Lots of walking!

The Starch Solution was how I started my weight loss journey. When I plateaued, I switched to MWL. The transition to MWL suited me because it includes wholegrain pasta, and it's one of my favourite starches. I enjoy eating it several times per week. I never ate tofu, avocado or nuts, so that part is easy for me, and I like the simplicity of following the guidelines and checking in weekly. Special thanks to Mark, Wildgoose, Jeff and ALL participants. You are fantastic, and I appreciate you!

Best regards,
Noella

“What I am about to tell you is so utterly simple and true that it may deceive you: Health feels better than sickness. You will be happier at your ideal weight than you are overweight. You will be proud of yourself. You’ll have confidence. You’ll feel so many good things that right now you cannot imagine and I cannot describe. But the net effect is that you’ll like yourself a lot more. You’ll look in the mirror and actually like what you see; you may even love what you see. You will have honored the person within yourself who longs to be healthy, beautiful, and free of all those burdens that being overweight brings. Life will not be perfect, but it will be better.”
― excerpt from The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss

Last edited by Noella on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Noella

Reporting for June 25 Assessments is now CLOSED

Postby wildgoose » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 pm

The window for reporting this week's behavioral results has officially closed.

My replies and the weekly summary will follow.
My story: MWL works!
How I determined my "goal weight"
wildgoose

Wildgoose replies and summary - June 25

Postby wildgoose » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:48 pm

BambiS — Happy for you that you're back on the "loss" side, and that you're so close to the 50-lb. loss mark! That's a huge milestone, well done! The Celtic festival sounds like a good time, and avoiding temptation makes it all the sweeter.

CindyD — Moving apartments is a big deal, and any disruption in routine can easily cause a disruption in behavior. All things considering, I think you're doing very well. Take your time and make small improvements as you can.

Salad dressing is always something that takes time to work out. Individual preferences vary widely, and what one person just loves, others may find not to their liking at all. There are a lot of recipes out there, both "creamy" (made with beans -- stay away from the cashew based ones!) and vinaigrette-style (oil-free, of course). One thing that I discovered for myself was that it was a bad idea to try to come up with a compliant replacement for a "favorite" dressing from the past. It never worked, and I was always disappointed and frustrated (ranch dressing, I'm looking at you!). Better to find a new "favorite" that's totally different and compliant. I like several of the Well Your World dressings too.

Rebecka22 — I'm so sorry to hear about your family's COVID struggles. Multiple people testing positive, one after the other, is a huge stressor. Treat yourself as kindly as you can. Walking can be helpful. You can either use it as a time to unwind and listen to music, a book, or other diversion; or as a kind of "walking meditation" to be alone with your thoughts and see if some of the world's craziness can unwind in your brain a little.

VegSeekingFit — Congratulations on the YES YES YES for that pesky #5! Stay strong on your 90-day resolution. Extinguishing the craving for fat usually takes that long. Any listening to that toddler voice and giving in will make the process longer. (Ask me how I know this.... :( ) It's not linear, though, as you found out. The deeper into the 90 days you get without caving, the easier it gets.

Great non-scale victories: Energetic, calm, focused, positive.

Artista — I never got to "automatic" on pre-loading either, but the more you do it, the better it gets. Semi-automatic is a perfectly acceptable goal. :)

The miso is probably too much sodium for regular use, but if it's truly occasional and if it's a small part of your meal (1 tsp in a dressing that covers a large salad -- think of Jeff's "dilution is the solution" principle, which works for ingredients as well as calories), then it might work. Be aware of your total sodium intake, though, on days when you're using the miso.

The cholesterol issues will resolve. My HDL is very low too, but as Dr. McDougall pointed out in his article on cholesterol and how to treat it:
HDL cholesterol levels, or so-called “good” cholesterol
[H]igher is better, but a healthy diet makes this fraction of total cholesterol lower because all fractions of cholesterol are reduced. So don’t be misguided into thinking something is wrong when your HDL level falls with a healthy diet.

Noella — Well done for all those smilies! As far as the unavoidable oil in the one dish, I know exactly what you're saying. Oil in a dish that SAD eaters wouldn't notice or would consider normal is unpleasantly oily for McDougallers. One's taste buds do adjust!

The simplicity of following the guidelines is much of the reason why I've chosen to continue to follow the MWL way of eating, even though I'm not actively losing weight any more. I don't like to have to pay too much attention to the way I eat. It's better when it's as simple and automatic as possible. It's gone from being a program that I've dedicated a lot of time and effort to following to the best of my ability (because I very much believe in it and because I am very happy with the results) to an almost seamless part of my life. How did I do that? The same way you're doing it. Time and adherence.

squealcat — I agree, re-reading McDougall material is always helpful. Looking at Jeff's older posts can be an eye-opener as well. MHP (Maximum Health Program) is really what we're hoping to achieve.

The reports were a combination of successes and struggles, which is a good definition of life in general. It's a crazy time for many of us. I take my cue from my duck cousins -- live my life paddling like crazy under the water but keep my feathers smooth and calm on the surface (as much as possible -- ruffled feathers are unavoidable!). Eat well, sleep well, move enough, try to stay in balance. Do as well as I can, aim to do better, don't obsess or get upset that it's not enough. It is enough for now. Next week is always there, with more opportunities.

Dr. Doug Lisle likes to advise being a myopic tortoise in the process of losing weight and regaining health. The tortoise never looks past the end of its nose, concentrates just on what's in front of it, and moves forward slowly and steadily. The tortoise doesn't look months or years ahead. Goals are fine to have, sub-goals can be useful, but day to day it's a matter of sticking to the checklist as well as possible, checking off the day, and moving on.

Artista wrote: Whether it’s concern about weight or health issues, I keep coming back to “time and adherence” and that’s exactly where I want to be.

Well said. This is the bottom line. It's why we're all here. We drift away, or we intentionally seek out something that we think might be better, and then we keep coming back. We know that MWL and the Starch Solution have value for the long haul. How many other programs can make that claim?

Noella has a new tag line, a quote from the original MWL book. I think it's what we look forward to, in terms of both weight and health.
“What I am about to tell you is so utterly simple and true that it may deceive you: Health feels better than sickness. You will be happier at your ideal weight than you are overweight. You will be proud of yourself. You’ll have confidence. You’ll feel so many good things that right now you cannot imagine and I cannot describe. But the net effect is that you’ll like yourself a lot more. You’ll look in the mirror and actually like what you see; you may even love what you see. You will have honored the person within yourself who longs to be healthy, beautiful, and free of all those burdens that being overweight brings. Life will not be perfect, but it will be better.”
― excerpt from The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss

And I'll repeat Stephanie's non-scale victories:
VegSeekingFit wrote:My top non-scale victory is that I usually feel energetic, calm, focused, positive... :)

All the best wishes to everyone in the group for a successful upcoming week. Hope Mark is enjoying his well-deserved time at the beach.

July is almost upon us, with a long weekend coming up for some and a holiday for those in the US. I'm looking forward to neighborhood fireworks and simple food. The July group thread will be up by the end of the week.

Goose
wildgoose

Postby Gimmelean » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:46 pm

MWL Post for week ending 6/24/22

Hello Everyone! Apologies for posting outside of the time window.

1) Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
Yes.

2). Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals.
Yes.

3) Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts.  This includes gourmet sugars and salts too.  If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
Yes

4) Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
Yes.

5) Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
Yes

6) Eliminate any added oil.
Yes

7) Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
Yes

8 ) Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
Yes.

9) Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full.   Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.
Yes.

10) Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Yes.

Victories,Comments,Questions,Challenges:
Back on track this week. Being a miserable person to many of the people around me was a better choice than feeling absolutely miserable like I did last week for eating the wrong foods. I wish there was a middle ground, but it’s so eye opening to know how foods impact my mood, energy level, and overall well-being. Once I am able to stop fighting the cravings after a lapse I know it will be far more “balanced” for me. Thanks for your encouragement and helpful suggestions - Mark, Jeff, Wildgoose, and everyone here.
Have a good week!
Gimmelean

Postby wildgoose » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:26 pm

Gimmelean wrote:Back on track this week. Being a miserable person to many of the people around me was a better choice than feeling absolutely miserable like I did last week for eating the wrong foods. I wish there was a middle ground, but it’s so eye opening to know how foods impact my mood, energy level, and overall well-being. Once I am able to stop fighting the cravings after a lapse I know it will be far more “balanced” for me.

Gimmelean -- Whether or not there is a middle ground is somewhat dependent on your personality, but what you're saying about feeling more balanced after the cravings start to diminish is in line with my experience as well. The more you can stay on track, the sooner that will happen. Onward to next week!

Goose
wildgoose

Postby Gimmelean » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:10 pm

Wildgoose- thank you so much for your consideration and comments despite my late post.

Stephanie, Mark, and Jeff- Two years ago in July, when I joined this group, I also learned
that following MWL as adherently as possible for a lifetime was the only way of eating for me that helped me lose the weight I’ve never been able to shed as well as maintain the loss.

One of the reasons is because eating flour based foods always resulted in weight gain and cravings for me. When Jeff said that only “intact grains” on MWL were compliant and why, it was as if a light went off.

I thought I was doing things right all along in past attempts, but there are always positive learnings, encouragement, and realizations to be found here!
Gimmelean

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Hi Everyone! :)

Almost on to the July thread... Time is flying!!!

Wanted to send a huge THANK YOU to Wildgoose for supporting us last week.

Wildgoose, I so appreciate your closing post from last week and it has helped me a ton! Always a fan of your descriptive writing ... but this post also helped me to connect a few dots and realize that I was inadvertently overcomplicating things (which all of you consistently warn against)... So, THANK YOU!!! ...

Hope everyone has a great week and see you on the July thread...

Best to all,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program