2 week challenge....anyone

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

2 week challenge....anyone

Postby Mckenna » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:53 pm

I am starting Mcdougall again after much success this time last year. But once I got away from 100% Mcdougalling, I can't seem to make it ONE day without a cheat of some sort, small or large. I would love to do a two week challenge. I realize for some, going two weeks without one bite of anything illegal isn't much problem, but I am struggling so hard to get back in the groove. Anyone want to help me? I am committing myself to 6 glasses of water a day, (that's probably 5 up from where I currently stand!) and 3 meals a day based on 1/3 starch, 2/3 low-calorie veggies. I don't even want to lick a spoon that was in my son's peanut butter. CAN SHE DO IT? YES, SHE CAN!
Mckenna

I'm up for it!

Postby Mallow » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:11 am

Mckenna wrote:I am starting Mcdougall again after much success this time last year. But once I got away from 100% Mcdougalling, I can't seem to make it ONE day without a cheat of some sort, small or large.

I know where you're at. My husband hates my McDougall cooking, and it's very hard for me to stay MWL while cooking meat and fat for him. BUT, he's in Singapore for a couple of weeks. I might be able to do this! So, do we communicate via the forum, or via email?
Mallow

Mallow, for 2 wk. challenge, let's post by the board....

Postby Mckenna » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:47 am

I am not used to this new board, and I definitely enjoyed the old board better. But in case there are more who'd care to join us......the board would be good. Why don't I just start a new thread each evening, titled "Day 1 of 2-week challenge", "Day 2 of 2-week challenge", etc. and we can add replies to each. Does that make any sense? See ya tonight, (after I can write what I ate today!)
Mckenna

Postby Ladybug » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:02 am

Sounds good to start a new challenge. We are in the same boat,both weighing the same and needing to loose about the same. Or should I say I will be overjoyed at 135. How tall are you? I am 5'2'. So should probably weigh less than135,but one step at a time.
Ladybug

ladybug, good to have you join us.

Postby Mckenna » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:21 pm

In answer to your question, I am 5'8", and anything below 135 makes me look unhealthy. Probably would look better at 140, IF i was toned up. Right now, 140 still seems overweight to me. I hope I don't get hooked up on numbers, though. It is still all about health. I haven't seen 140 in 14 years, though. I can't hardly believe it's been that long, but it has....between the birth of my first and second child.
Mckenna

Postby Elaine » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:29 pm

I want to join in please!!! I started McDougalling last Monday, This will help keep me going! This last week I have not had athing that was not on plan and have drank only for execption of a small glass of orange juice. Ya know it is funny, I used to LOVE that juice, but now it don't taste right..Wierd. But anyway I wanna join in!!
WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Elaine
Elaine

Postby Mirrim » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:57 am

I'd like to join in. I just re-started a couple of days ago. I know what you mean about not being able to go a day without cheating. I'd wake up all fired up, then end up going out to eat because I didn't like what I had brought for lunch.

Listening to Doug Lisle's dvd on the Pleasure Trap helped. I've organized my week so that I have meals I like cooked and in the fridge and lots of veggies cut so it's easier to follow the plan than not. A difficulty this week is that today is my birthday and normally that would call for a rich restaurant meal. I'm going out, but to a chinese restaurant that does a spicy vegetable meal I like. They'll saute it with no oil if I ask.
Mirrim

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Postby limberone » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:27 am

Dear Mirrim,

I hope your birthday today is fabulous! The Chinese retaurant meal sounds like a wonderful idea!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Mirrim.
Happy Birthday to you!
limberone

Postby slugmom » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:25 am

Mirrim wrote: A difficulty this week is that today is my birthday and normally that would call for a rich restaurant meal. I'm going out, but to a chinese restaurant that does a spicy vegetable meal I like. They'll saute it with no oil if I ask.

Happy Birthday!!!

That spicy veggie meal sounds good. What's the name of the dish?

I'm going out today for Chinese, too, they have a steamed veggie plate and hot garlic sauce which is pretty low-fat.
- Kim

slugmom

I would like to join the challange too!

Postby Mous_toy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:19 pm

When will you gals be starting?
Mous_toy

We started the 2-week challenge Mon. Dec. 4

Postby Mckenna » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:30 pm

Day 2 is underway. Just reply under the heading Day 1, Day 2, etc. accordingly.
Mckenna

challenge day one

Postby Jackie J » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:41 am

I just found this on the board - but started mcdougalling again yesterday -- had a pretty good day -with potatoes, nuked veggies, oatmeal, chickpeas and salad without dressing - the only "sin" was 1/2cup over the chickpea allowance.
Today, Wednesday will be better as I stocked up on more raw,canned and frozen veggies - and have scheduled in an hour at the gym -
I weighed myself this morning and was horrified to find I'm a pound over my "newer" set point of 162.5 - but I bet if I really stick to a good veggie/carb ration and get in the exercise, I'll be down 2 1/2 pounds at least by next Monday. good luck to everyone --
Jackie J

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program