2 week challenge: Day 2

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

2 week challenge: Day 2

Postby Mckenna » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:42 pm

Ok, everyone. I almost licked the peanut butter spoon! But, yay, this board is working. I just couldn't do it. My DD asked me why would anyone care if I cheated? I told her I felt accountable to these people I had never met, others in the same boat, struggling for the same anchor. "I" never cared if I cheated or not; that's why I came here.....a bootcamp of sorts. Anway, it's working. Here's what I had today:

Breakfast:
1/2 c. oatmeal, cooked with 1 Tbsp. fruit spread
1/2 c. coffee

Lunch:
1 1/2 c. Mexican beans and rice
Crystal Light Lemonade

Supper:
2 bean wraps

Payday (Friday) will bring in more veggies. I need to clean up the fridge a bit. Don't like to waste food. My DH and kids are still eating the red velvet cake, LOL.

I am headed to the tap now to get me another refreshing glass of filtered water. Nothing like it. I'm not making my goal so far, but for me right now, the main thing is absolutely no illegal foods. This makes 2 days for me. It takes 21 days to make new habits, science says. In two weeks, I should be well on my way. This is expressly why I started this thread. Getting back on the wagon was proving nigh to impossible for me.

Thanks for the support. Would love to see more replies, thoughts, etc. of fellow trojans!
Mckenna

Postby Elaine » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:15 pm

Hello Mckenna...
I think you are doing great!! Here's what I ate today on my Day
*Breakfast: 1 1/2 of high fiber ceral w/ rice milk,, water to drink.
*lunch, bean tacos with onions, tomato's, cabbage and salso, water to drink.
*supper, well I had a moment of needing to eat but not wanting to, I didn't know what i wanted etc.. so I ate the rest of my taco beans.. I hope I don't get to windy from all them beans. I drank water all day..
I might have some popcorn in a bit, but might not. I am tired already from working and jogging/walking.

I was very tempted today, my mom made spaghetti, SAD style.. Oh I won't go into my attachment to that, but I didn't give in and I am proud.
I feel good about my food choices today!
Elaine
Elaine

My daily dose

Postby VeganMan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:23 am

B - 2 blueberry muffins, 1 english muffin, 1C grape juice
S - banana, handful of dried apricots, green tea
L - 2C fried rice, 2C potato casserol
D - Spaghetti w/ red sauce, holiday stuffing, oatmeal biscut

Another 88oz water

1mile walk/1mile jog
Vegan Since Sept. 2006
Age 24