Bean threads

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Bean threads

Postby Restless Brain » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:35 am

I posted this in the lounge, but now that we have this forum, I'll post it here too. I haven't received my MWL book yet, so can anyone tell me if bean threads are allowed on this plan?
Peace to all,
RB
Restless Brain

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:42 pm

http://www.foodsubs.com/Noodles.html

RB, I didn't know what bean threads were, so did a search and found this site. It's interesting, I never knew there were so many different noodles!

I woudl think bean threads are OK on the 12 day program but they seem to be a processed food and probably are like pasta and shouldn't be used if you want to do MWL.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby bari » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:45 pm

I found this at the McDougall main site. This doesn't apply specifically to MWLP, but to all of his diets:

Oriental Noodles
Most of these are made from highly refined flours and therefore should play a small role in your diet.
bean threads
somen
buckwheat soba
udon
rice noodles
bari

do you eat rice cakes on th MWLP?

Postby chewy » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:15 pm

I do and absolutely love them !Also puffed rice .Great for weight loss.I find that I lost all my weight by switching to puffed rice/rice cakes instead of cooked grains.I prefer them to cooked grains personally.
chewy

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program