2 week challenge: Day 4

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

2 week challenge: Day 4

Postby Mckenna » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:47 pm

Don't ask.................my DH said tell everyone he was the perpetrator, but the truth is, I was an all-too-willing accomplice. He said he'd have helped me if I'd told him I was in a challenge. But then, after he thought about it awhile, he said the only thing he knows that would stop me is a taser, LOL. He wanted to go out (a rare thing here lately) and celebrate a much deserved bonus. So, sorry guys, for letting down the standard. As Scarlet said, though, "Tomorrow is another day..."

B- Oatmeal with fruit
S- Coffee
L- salad with ginger sauce
D- :oops: chicken marsala with oven-roasted potatoes and mushrooms

At least tomorrow I can purchase more veggies. I started out this challenge wanting to eat 1/3 starch, 2/3 veggies for lunch and dinner, then saw I had too much beans and rice in the fridge to waste.

We can do this, yes we can, as my son loved to say.
Mckenna

Postby KareninTN » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:42 am

Yeah, some days wind up like that. :? This too shall pass. Actually, I wanted to tell you how much your challenge idea has inspired me. When you began, I couldn't in good conscience join, because I was too busy cheating! LOL I spent some time thinking about how my progress limps along because I am always pushing the envelope with extras; not terrible things, not in great quantity (usually), but just enough to take the edge off of significant progress. So I decided to have my own two-week NO-CHEAT challenge from today till 12/22, which will bring me right up to the day we leave on our Christmas travels. I really hope to get in better touch with all the little choices I make that repeatedly shoot myself in the foot. I'm not doing MWL, so it's probably not appropriate to post food here; maybe I'll use Roberta's corner . Anyway, thanks for the wake-up call.

karenturtle
KareninTN

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program