How do you???

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

How do you???

Postby seestorcoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:45 am

...get those little scales on your posts telling how much you've lost/have to go? I want one! I'm down 38 pounds now and want a little slidey thing to play with. :P
seestorcoo

Postby Sunny » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:48 am

Here are three URL's that have tickers once you have picked the one you like it will give you codes, pick the code that is for phpBB, highlight it, them right click,copy, go to your McDougall profile to the signiture box and then right click again and paste, submit and you should have a ticker.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php[url]

http://www.tickercentral.com/[/url]

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Update

Postby seestorcoo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:31 pm

I just passed my one year anniversary of McDougalling. I've lost 63 pounds - mostly in the first 6 months. Then, I began "cheating" at various levels but still maintained within 6 pounds because I stayed at least 75% on McDougall. I am back on track now and have began losing again and have added daily exercise (finally have the time). I didn't mind not losing for 6 months because it felt like I was learning to maintain - this seems as important if not more so. My goal this year is to "release" at least 60 more pounds. That will leave me with some 40 to go but I'm okay with losing that the 3rd year. Before starting McDougall, I lived on fast food, my favorite food of all was sausage and I could go through a bag of candy or cookies at a sitting. The change to a low fat vegan lifestyle has been - almost :) - effortless and I have had no desire to go back. Within a week, my constant heartburn and stomach pain was gone, my joint pain was gone, my fibromyalgia was gone and my daily headaches were gone (and only come back when I up my caffeine). My blood pressure went from 135/90 back down to 110/70. I have loved exploring the produce aisle and have discovered such wonders as kale and parsnips. It is like an adventure - what does THIS taste like and how do I cook it? I love fixing food for people and having them love it before I tell them that it is fat free and vegan. Thank you McDougalls.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby Jackie J » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:06 pm

Congratulations...
Jackie J

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:42 am

Way to go for sticking in there when you took a break. I did a similar last year, and felt the same as you. As you can see from my signature line, I believe the whole process is a learning to maintain experience. I'm tired of playing yo-yo.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Nettie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:17 am

Congratulations, seestorcoo, on your weight loss and the fortitude to maintain for a year! That's quite an accomplishment in itself. I tend to be goal oriented, and have a hard time when I reach goal weight. Just being content to stay the same is difficult for me.
You have a plan, and you're sticking to it. Good for you! Keep us posted on your progress.
Nettie
Nettie

Thank you all and by the way

Postby seestorcoo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:17 pm

I was cruising along - doing well, and then I went to the movies and had some popcorn. Vegan, yes, no butter, but not air popped. The next day, I woke up 3.6 pounds heavier and its taken me 5 days to get that off. No more popcorn for me!!! Talk about negative reinforcement!
seestorcoo

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:24 pm

push the water next time. No way in the world could you have gained 3.5 of real fat overnight. It was fluid from all the salt. Good lord just think of the massive quantities you'd have to eat to gain 3 lbs. yikes
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Re: Update

Postby janetc » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:28 pm

seestorcoo wrote:I just passed my one year anniversary of McDougalling. I've lost 63 pounds - mostly in the first 6 months. Then, I began "cheating" at various levels but still maintained within 6 pounds because I stayed at least 75% on McDougall. I am back on track now and have began losing again and have added daily exercise (finally have the time). I didn't mind not losing for 6 months because it felt like I was learning to maintain - this seems as important if not more so. My goal this year is to "release" at least 60 more pounds. That will leave me with some 40 to go but I'm okay with losing that the 3rd year. Before starting McDougall, I lived on fast food, my favorite food of all was sausage and I could go through a bag of candy or cookies at a sitting. The change to a low fat vegan lifestyle has been - almost :) - effortless and I have had no desire to go back. Within a week, my constant heartburn and stomach pain was gone, my joint pain was gone, my fibromyalgia was gone and my daily headaches were gone (and only come back when I up my caffeine). My blood pressure went from 135/90 back down to 110/70. I have loved exploring the produce aisle and have discovered such wonders as kale and parsnips. It is like an adventure - what does THIS taste like and how do I cook it? I love fixing food for people and having them love it before I tell them that it is fat free and vegan. Thank you McDougalls.

Did you do MWL for the whole time, or some regular program and some MWL?
janetc

Answer to last poster

Postby seestorcoo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:24 am

I did the regular program mostly but like I said, I had a good 2-3 months while I finished up school that I fell off the wagon - eating fast food and occasional meat. I gained 6 pounds during that period but as soon as I graduated, went back to being pretty good at McDougalling and lost it again. Lately though, I've found that in order to lose weight, I have to stay away from cereal, sugar, and any wheat products. By "stay away from", I mean that in order to lose weight, I need to limit those things to 2-3 times a week, rather than 2-3 times a day. I guess that it would be called a cross between the regular program and the MWL. I tried to do Marys Mini - what a disaster. I wanted to stuff everything I saw into my face - like I was panicking from lack of variety or something. Won't try that one again. :eek: Just an aside - I've discovered that since I've been limiting my flour products, I don't tolerate them as well. If I overeat on them, they give me heartburn which they never did before. It's like my body is saying "Yes, we want no banana muffins".
seestorcoo

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories