UPDATE 12/5/21. ETeSelle's Testimonial

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: UPDATE 12/5/21. ETeSelle's Testimonial

Postby ETeSelle » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:32 pm

VegSeekingFit wrote:Appreciate you posting about pandemic pounds --- and that you kicked them promptly to the curb !!!

There is so much that all of us can learn from you. Hope that you keep posting. :cool:

Well, it's an ongoing thing, that's for sure. We all have to remain vigilant and not fall back into the Bad Olde Ways, b/c they are tempting when pretty much everyone else out there is indulging 3X a day! I feel that using the Cronometer going forward is really going to help me--I had a pretty skewed impression of portion size LOL. You can certainly get away with eating large portions of McDougall food if your goal weigh is higher, but if you want to get to and stay at the lower end of the BMI scale, eating pounds and pounds of potatoes, rice, etc. IS going to put the pounds on. I did more than that eventually during the COVID weight gain, but it started with just eating too much of the "right" foods. We don't like to admit it, but it's all about calories. You have to eat fewer calories or burn more calories or, ideally, some of both. :) The Cronometer has been a big help to me on this front.
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Re: UPDATE 12/5/21. ETeSelle's Testimonial

Postby Daydream » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:42 pm

ETeSelle, your Star McDougaller story came in my McDougall email today so I was again inspired by your story! I too have to be careful not to overdo it on the starches or I will gain weight. I find using Cronometer helpful too.
Daydream

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories