UPDATE 12/5/21. ETeSelle's Testimonial

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: UPDATE 5-15-1: 3-Year Anniversary! ETeSelle's Testimon

Postby kalehi » Wed May 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks for the picture and the inspiration!

From your "before" picture in your Star McDougaller story, I would never be able to identify you as the same person. Thank you for your posts on this board - I have learned so much from you!
kalehi

Postby molly25 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Wow, this is an incredibly inspiring story Congratulations on your amazing success, you look fantastic.

I'm only three weeks in but doing great so far. I eat a lot of whole wheat pasta, which doesn't seem to affect my energy levels or losing weight but I get that it's still early in the game for me.

Do you eat whole grain pastas at all or did you eat it earlier and then cut it out later?

I have to say there's something really counterintuitive about WFPB because of all the programming we've had about portion control and weight loss.

Congrats too on your lab values, fabulous!

I love reading the testimonials, they keep me going! :nod:
I stand with the people of Ferguson against white supremacy and cop violence.
molly25

Postby geo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:18 am

All I can say about your pic is wow ETeSelle! The censors would probably bleep any other adjective I had in mind :lol:
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:47 pm

molly25 wrote:Do you eat whole grain pastas at all or did you eat it earlier and then cut it out later?

I have pasta once a week or so at most. I just prefer to stick w/ whole foods where possible, so my main starches are brown rice, other whole grains (wheatberries, barley, quinoa) and potatoes. :) I could eat taters 3 meals a day forever and be happy! :)
geo wrote:All I can say about your pic is wow ETeSelle! The censors would probably bleep any other adjective I had in mind :lol:

LOL! Thanks! :oops: :D
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Concerned » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:52 am

You look amazing and happy!
Do you ever eat nuts/seeds/tofu/avocado?
Do you eat salads or mostly cooked foods? Or you still tempted by SAD foods such as cakes or ice cream? Do you find it difficult to eat differently than your friends?
Thanks!
Concerned

Postby MINNIE » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:10 am

Acutally, you BOTH look great.

I'm assuming Destiny is WFPB too :-D .
MINNIE

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:40 am

Concerned wrote:You look amazing and happy!
Do you ever eat nuts/seeds/tofu/avocado?
Do you eat salads or mostly cooked foods? Or you still tempted by SAD foods such as cakes or ice cream? Do you find it difficult to eat differently than your friends?

I eat nuts/seeds/avo only VERY rarely. As in feast days. They are not a part of my diet normally and if they were, I would gain weight.

I eat salad for lunch during the week b/c there is a great salad bar at work. Otherwise I eat mostly cooked foods. There is no benefit to raw foods and most people digest/use cooked foods better. I've been vegan for close to 25 years, and went vegan for ethical reasons--I've never once wanted to touch animal flesh or milk for baby calves. ;-) I was vegan long b/f I became a McDougaller.

I have a pretty strong personality and I was brought up to do my own thing and never be a "Gordon the Goat" (who just follows along w/ what his friends do), so no--it's not hard for me to eat differently. My friends know how I eat and they're fine with it. If they weren't, that's really their problem, not mine!
MINNIE wrote:Acutally, you BOTH look great.

I'm assuming Destiny is WFPB too :-D .

Absolutely! And she eats no grain at all (contrary to popular belief, it's very bad for horses). She eats only grass, hay, plain hay pellets, ground flax, and a vitamin/mineral supplement. :) And, of course, the occasional carrot or apple.
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby uncgirl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:08 am

Congrats on your anniversary ETeSelle! Just want to add that I love re-reading your story because it's so motivational. Your most recent photo shows that you must be in great health - you just radiate health and happiness. Thanks for continuing to post here on the Forum. :)
uncgirl

Postby Latgerda » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:13 am

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story and congratulations on the anniversary (even if belated).
Latgerda

Postby Lizzy_F » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Another (belated) congratulations in celebration of your anniversary! You are beautiful and so is your horse! :) Thank you for being here to provide such inspiration to the rest of us!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Re: UPDATE 5-15-14: 3-Year Anniversary! ETeSelle's Testimo

Postby luvegan78 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:04 am

Where are all the pics :-( :?
luvegan78

Postby Atheria » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Your testimonial is GREAT. Congrats on the transformation. (I love horses too.)

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2011ot ... eselle.htm
(For those who can't see your uploaded pictures.)

Best wishes,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby ETeSelle » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:10 pm

UPDATE 12/5/21

I've been away for a while, but for most of that I was doing OK weight-wise. I did gain a little weight during the 4 years of the last (ahem) administration, but I lost that easily.

Then came COVID and it kicked my ass, alas. I fell for the "I'm all alone and can't see anyone and the thrill of my week is grocery shopping" thing and gained 30 pounds. ARGHGHGHGGHGHGHH!!!! But I got serious in July and have lost it all now, thank goodness. It's easy enough if you just FOLLOW THE PLAN!

So I'm back in my cute clothes and hiking 3-5 miles a day and feeling GREAT! If you gained weight during COVID, GET REAL AND GET IT OFF NOW!!! We will all help. :-)
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Re: UPDATE 12/5/21. ETeSelle's Testimonial

Postby Daydream » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:49 pm

ETeSelle, I'm so glad you got back on track with healthy eating!
Daydream

Re: UPDATE 12/5/21. ETeSelle's Testimonial

Postby VegSeekingFit » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for posting your inspiring stories!!! :)

I love your Star McD story -- so awesome!!

Appreciate you posting about pandemic pounds --- and that you kicked them promptly to the curb !!!

There is so much that all of us can learn from you. Hope that you keep posting. :cool:

Best,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories