2 weeks in and counting...

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

2 weeks in and counting...

Postby MadcityVegan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:23 pm

HI,

I have been an overweight vegetarian for over 2 years and an overweight Vegan since November. I started MWL February 19th. (5'1, 170lbs Total Cholesterol 227) I am now at 162lbs an 8lb loss in just 2 weeks! I almost can't believe the scale.

I wonder how the rest will go. I was losing a pound or so a day now I have been 162 for a couple of days in a row. I hope to reach 140 by mid May and 130 by July.

Does anyone have an opinion on these goals? Do you think it is realistic?
MadcityVegan

Postby libellule » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Well, honey, anything can happen! Good luck, we are all rooting for you!!

-Li
libellule

Postby happyalyssa » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:26 am

Congrats to you! :D I've been doing regular McDougall (and I added in an exercise program as well) and have lost 15 pounds since January first. At first the weight was coming off faster, but now it is slowing down to about 1-2 lbs a week. I'm sure if I did MWL program it would speed up but I figure I'll do that when I hit a plateau so that I'm not discouraged.

It seems most people's weight loss slows down a bit after a while, but don't let that discourage you if it does happen. If it doesn't happen, more power to ya' ;) If you're not already getting exercise, it would be a great addition to your health plan, and if you're not ready to start it yet...feel free to kick that into gear if/when you do reach a point where you're not losing as fast as you'd like.

In the meantime, /cheers! You're doing great! Among other benefits, you should notice a drop in your blood pressure along with your cholesterol if you haven't already :)
Start date: January 1, 2007
23 lbs lost...32 to go!
happyalyssa

Postby Sunny » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:16 am

Congratulations :-D :-D :-D That is great news. Everyone loses at a different rate, some lose quickly in the begining, then level off. Some just lose at a slow pace all together. Your goal is not unrealistic, just be patient if it doesn't happen just as you planned. :) Best of luck, keep us posted. :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories