Now down 100 pounds!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Congratulations

Postby rchess » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:05 am

Hi Nettie,

Congratulations. You are an inspiration to all of us who are on the journey. It's amazing how people resist all of the facts presented by Dr McDougall and those like him who were willing to risk everything by giving us the truth and showing us the way to real health and real life. Thanks to you and Dr John McDougall and Mary.

Best Wishes,
Robert

Best wishes in your
Meditation, Nutrition, and Exercise practice.
May all Beings be free of suffering.
rchess

Postby Doris » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:29 am

Nettie, thanks for posting "my turning point " today! You are such an inspiration to me. :)
Doris

Postby hope101 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks, Nettie, for being willing to open up as you did today. Your are a strong person in so many ways.
hope101

Postby MGM » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:11 am

Nettie,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. You have touched my heart and certainly gave me a boost. How true about letting God handle what we can't...

Congratulations on your choices and their result!!
Carpe Diem

MGM

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:23 pm

Thank you Nettie. Ah the power of prayer and the fear of death. Between the two they are great motivators.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Nettie » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi, everyone!

For those who may be watching this topic, I've posted what's been going on with me lately over in The Lounge in response to TurtleGranny's "Hey Nettie" post.

I've hit a major plateau, trying to keep my chin up, and thinking about what else I can do to get things going again. (I was SO looking forward to posting "Now down 110 pounds".) :(

My cholesterol was, surprisingly, 209 about 6 or 8 weeks ago. I'm so disappointed, because I am VERY faithful - no cheating at all. Years ago I got it down to 149, (before I regained every pound I had lost), but now my cholesterol doesn't seem to want to budge - along with my weight.

But after losing over 100 pounds, I can't complain much. But I still have 30 or so pounds to go, and I'd sure to to get it off.

I'm thinking of trying Mary's Mini next, just to see if I can get things moving again.

Nettie
Nettie

Postby Doris » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:24 am

Hi Nettie,

I understand how you feel, losing a bunch of weight and being so close to goal, and then a major plateau. I don't have any great answer to the problem (I'm kinda in the the same boat), but I tell myself everyday when I step on the scale and it reads the same that I am happy I plateaued after I lost a lot of weight and feel so much better. :)

We just need to keep on keeping on. I wish you the best on your continued McDougall journey to great health!

:)
Doris

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:19 pm

Nettie
I think sometimes the body just has to catch up with itself. It's got to adjust, redistribute etc. Try on clothes that didn't fit, or take measurements. I swear when I'd stop losing weight, inches were shifting around.

Remember this is a lifelong. Hence my quote. That is what I'm doing. Some point I'll come to an end and have to maintain. For once in my life I actually want to do that. So this losing process is just me training for that lucky day.

I wonder if all this weight you've lost has caused a cholesterol problem. Since you are unloading fat into your system.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby vwnut » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:55 am

I know just what you are talking about. My weight loss has stopped about 9 pounds short of my goal and my blood pressure rose along with my cholesterol. I have not changed my eating habits so I must be at some kind of readjustment plateau. I just signed up for the Costa Rica trip in Feb. as my reward for the results that I have atttained and I bought a food prossessor to allow me to try a lot of other receipes. I must say that I have had the occasional very high cholesterol reading in the past and when I argued that it can't be correct, a retest showed it to be much lower. The numbers are not absolute and depend on the testing proficiency to a certain extent. No matter what, we are on the right path to health! Congratulations!
"If it is a plant eat it; If it is made in a plant leave it."
vwnut

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories