Another unexpected benefit of the Program

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Another unexpected benefit of the Program

Postby Nettie » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:33 am

Folks, I made an amazing discovery last night!
As some of you know, I've lost over 100 pounds in 9 months. :D
However, last night I discovered another unforeseen benefit. I was rubbing my face, and my fingers automatically went to a place next to my right eye. Now a couple of years ago these THINGS (not sure what a dermatologist would call them) started growing on my face. They're kind of like moles, but weren't brown - they were just lumpy growths. There were 2 of them, large and unsightly, slowly growing larger all the time. I was beginning to wonder what it would cost to have them removed. Well, last night I discovered THEY'RE ALMOST GONE! I can hardly feel the vestiges of them with my fingertips! :eek:
Apparently, the lack of meat and the hormones they contain caused these things to nearly disappear.
What further wonders will this vegetarian lifestyle bring?
Nettie
Nettie

congrats

Postby Caroveggie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:41 am

I'm happy for you for your success. It's always interesting to learn one more thing a healthy diet accomplishes.
Caroveggie

Postby Ladybug » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:39 am

My husband had a similar place on his forhead. Had it removed. He said it looked just like a lump of fat. Which I think it was.
Ladybug

Postby susie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:04 pm

Small yellowish cholesterol lumps often grow around the eyes. They don't look great but are often seen on peoples faces as they age. I think I read about these On this site, maybe in one of the newsletters.

Anyway Nettie I am so glad they have almost disappeared. Another sign that you are indeed on the right track.

Susie
susie

Postby Nettie » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Kris wrote:
I have about 160 more pounds to lose. It always helps to see the success of others who are working on losing weight and making those lifestyle changes that will keep us healthy.

Best wishes, Kris

Over 100 pounds lost! Congratulations, Kris, on an incredible achievement. For those of us who were morbidly obese, it can be difficult to even visualize the goal, much less believe that it is attainable. You are to be commended for your bravery, your faith, and your determination. Others have trod this path, and you can, too.

Press on, my sister!

Nettie
Nettie

Postby hope101 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Yes, congratulations too, Kris. Losing over 100 pounds is a huge accomplishment. :D :thumbsup:
hope101

Congrats!

Postby Jeannie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:04 pm

Nettie, this is just wonderful and inspiring! Keep up the good work.

Jeanne
Jeannie

Cholesterol deposits

Postby Groovy Granny » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:42 pm

I had long since forgotten about them. In my early 40's (almost 30 years ago) I had a few cholesterol deposits on my face. Not until you mentioned it did I realize they have vanished! As you said, chalk one more benefit up for being a McDougaller.
Groovy Granny

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:51 am

Kris
I find that the body does need to take a break and get use to a weight, especially if it's been a weight you were around before. Those set points in other words.

Shake things up often helps. Try a new sport, something you've been wanting to do.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby marybeth0051 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Nettie,
great job with your weight loss!! Do you have any pics??
"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food" Hippocrates
marybeth0051

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories