Vegan Baby?

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Vegan Baby?

Postby Grandpa Gym » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:06 am

My daughter was born in June of 1980 at Queen of the Valley Hospital in Napa, California. It wasn't too long after she was born that our family went from being just vegetarian to being completely vegan. She has never eaten meat of any kind that I know of.

On November 12, 2006, she gave birth to an 8 lb 1 oz boy. The birth was at home with a midwife. There were no medications or drugs used. Even though the labor was more than 24 hours, she stuck by her resolve to be medication free and succeeded.

Normally there is a loss of body weight the first week after birth. This did not occur with Michael as it did with both of my children. As he has grown he has always been well ahead of the average. Just the last couple of months he has been supplementing mother's milk with pureed fruits and vegetables.

Michael's father is also a vegan. He has been a vegetarian for 13 years and a vegan for the last 10.

Michael is now crawling around and getting into things (quite normal). He has had no colds or flu. Neither have his parents (that helps). They keep their exposure to a minimum as they have a home based business and don't have to go to a place of work and be exposed to everybody else's bugs (if any of you are interested in payroll services send me a private message and I will put them in touch with you).

It is because of Michael that I took this handle! :D
Grandpa Gym

Postby Ladybug » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:37 am

Fantastic!
Wish I had know more about what to eat when I was having children. I was doing the best I knew how then. Following Adelle Davis's advice, Lots of meat and eggs( Had to have your protein) Also lots of milk. Then I wondered why my youngest had colic. He is now 47 any relizes he can not use milk. I just wish I could get my 3 kids to eat vegan. The youngest would if he didn't have to cook. He is a bachlor and fast food is handy. I'm sure he will pay down the road.
Ladybug

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories