100 pounds down!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

100 pounds down!

Postby TheSmiths » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:17 pm

100 pounds down! Feeling Younger and Better than Ever!
Hello. My name is Chad Smith, and I am the singer and bass player for the band Hemlock.
As of today I have lost 100 pounds! I was at my heaviest at 310 pounds. I am happy to now be at 210.
We shared my success today on Facebook for our friends and fans to see! I made sure thank Dr McDougall and Forks Over Knives for the guidance and inspiration!
My wife and I watched forks over knives and took it to heart.
We lost weight, we gained weight...and we realized we were eating Vegetarian and mostly plant based...but that we still had a lot of processed foods. Oreos are Vegan after all. lol.
We are both turning 40 this year, and we wanted to get our selves together. We started following the McDougall plan for maximum weight loss. And the weight dropped...and is still dropping!
So today I reached my goal of losing 100 pounds. I went from wearing a 2XL that was tight on me to being comfortable in a large T-shirt. I am 6 foot 2, 210 pounds, healthy, happy, and ready to rock! :)

[url]
https://www.facebook.com/hemlockworld/p ... =3&theater[/url]
This is my FB post
"For those of you that know me, you know that I always strive to be a happy and optimistic person. I love to play music and travel the world and I give everything I can into our band Hemlock and the live show. Not saying that I wasn't happy in the before photo, but I just felt tired all the time and felt like I couldn't give my 100% to Hemlock. Living on the road and eating WAAAYYY to much fast food caught up to me....which was kind of funny ...but I realized LIFE, MUSIC and TRAVELLING the WORLD was WAY more important than the junk food. I realized I was holding myself back.
Hemlock was on tour in Europe in 2012. They were feeding us some much healthier food over there. On that tour, my wife and I also watched a documentary called "Forks Over Knives". It made me realize that I needed to show my body more respect by what I put into it. We changed the way we were eating and the weight just started dropping off. I had lost 70 pounds over the next few years. I knew I should lose more weight...I still had some unhealthy chubbiness on me, but I seemed to be stuck. We started following Dr. McDougall's plan for eating (it was very similar to what we were already doing, just a few great changes). In the last 3 months I was able to lose the last 30 pounds. So I am now down 100 pounds from my heaviest.
I've gone from maxing out a 2XL T-shirt to being comfortable in a Large T-shirt. 310 pounds to now 210 pounds!
LET"S ROCK!!!!!!"
TheSmiths

Re: 100 pounds down!

Postby calebandsandee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:35 am

This is so awesome!!!! Congrats!!
calebandsandee

Postby Birdy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 am

You look fantastic! What a transformation. Forty is a great age to make such healthy changes. Congrats!
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Postby Jwalpole » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Congratulations. My husband and I too are early 40's and I must have watched Forks over Knives 4 or 5 times, plus LOTS of other videos before everything sank in. I'm happy for you!!!!!
Jwalpole

Postby Riva » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 pm

GREAT work. you look fabulous. Keep it going!!
Riva
Never Ever Give Up
Riva

Postby JaniceYvonne » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:15 am

Rock On!! Great!!
JaniceYvonne

Postby healthyvegan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:02 pm

so happy for you! WTG!
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby rjsupersonic » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:27 am

Food the magic transformer!! Excellent you are fortunate you figured it out when still relatively young. I am 59 years old and today is day 120 for me. I have lost 57 pounds, hoping to lose 35 more in the next 6 months. I am 6' tall and when I started I was 283 and now I am 226!! My loss rate has slowed down but I'm confident it will continue.. :-D
rjsupersonic

Postby greentea » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Awesome! Way to go!
greentea

Postby astirle » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:21 am

What a fantastic story, thanks so much for sharing!
I love hearing about these great successes as I am sure all the rest of the forum do.
All the best to you for your healthy future rocking on! :)
On the quest for resilience
astirle

Postby viv » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 am

Many congratulations to you and your wife. You are very fortunate to find Forks Over Knives and Dr. McDougall before severe health challenges set in. Many of us here have literally been on death's door before we were aware of this way of eating and changed our eating habits.

So now you have a wonderful, long, healthy life ahead of you with your friends, family and fans. Plus we need more artists in the world and no doubt you will be creating great music for many more years to come!

Dr McDougall.....here's another great McDougall Success Story!

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories